Wingers trying to walk the ball into the net

I've been frustrated for ages now, got a couple of very good wingers who insist on trying to cut in from the bye line and walk the ball into the net. Been the same on 3 diffenerent saves now.

I've screamed at them time and time again to stop messing around and just get the ball into the box.

Now I've just noticed there is an option on the player instructions page to rarely/often cross the ball and I had it set to rarely. I wonder if this will change now I've set it to often ?

Yes I feel like an idiot :o

You should check if your wingers have "cuts inside" as a prefered move. If they do then they will do what you describe more often. A good idea would be to choose wingers that have the "move into channels" and "Runs down the left /right side".

When you say you "scream" I'd guess you mean the "Work ball into box" shout? If so this shout limits the long shots your players make, it doesn't affect the crossing of your wingers. Furthermore playing your wingers as Inside forwards makes them playing closer to the middle of the pitch so less crosses are made.

Cheers for the replies, I had to tinker a bit but basically as soon as I changed the player crossing instructions to mixed or often they began crossing the ball more, who would have thought ?

When you say you "scream" I'd guess you mean the "Work ball into box" shout?

No I was actually shouting at the laptop, my neighbours will testify to this

Posted this up incase I am not the only fool who doesn't check player instructions carefully enough

Archived