Strangest place you've found a former footballing "Legend"

In FM11 I had Gianluigi Buffon take over my second division Croatian club as chairman in about 2013. It turned into a very long-term save and I have to say he's one of the best I've ever worked with.

In FM11 I had Gianluigi Buffon take over my second division Croatian club as chairman in about 2013. It turned into a very long-term save and I have to say he's one of the best I've ever worked with.

Weird; I saw Gianluigi Buffon take over Russian second division side Metallurg Lipetsk in my long-term FM11 save. It was very early in the save - about 2012 or so. By the time I retired it in the late 2020s, he was still in charge.

Speaking of, Wayne Rooney ended up as a youth coach at Dinamo Moscow in the same save, before eventually joining manager Dimitar Berbatov as a first-team coach at Rubin Kazan. :D

Weird; I saw Gianluigi Buffon take over Russian second division side Metallurg Lipetsk in my long-term FM11 save. It was very early in the save - about 2012 or so. By the time I retired it in the late 2020s, he was still in charge.

Speaking of, Wayne Rooney ended up as a youth coach at Dinamo Moscow in the same save, before eventually joining manager Dimitar Berbatov as a first-team coach at Rubin Kazan. :D

I can continue the Buffon weirdness: Brentford chairman. In the same save, Mario Jardel was manager of Mansfield Town.

John Terry became a youth coach at Spurs when he finished playing - then he became the manager of Spurs (I was so annoyed cos I went for the job as well as they're my team and wanted to move to them asap on my career save) - he lasted about 4 months before getting sacked - then I got the job - great stuff! Why we would ever have appointed him is bizarre to me anyway!

Ronaldo as a scout for a club surely is weird... In RL , he is now the agent of lots of awesome brazilians players ( Neymar, Lucas Moura, Leandro Damião.... )

Not really. Neymars and Lucas Mouras agent is Juan Figer from MJF Publicidade and Leandro Damiãos agent is Vinícius Prates.

Fat Ronaldo is just ******* about really. (edit: wow really? Is the term for having a wee with P really censored? Christ almighty.)

Not really. Neymars and Lucas Mouras agent is Juan Figer from MJF Publicidade and Leandro Damiãos agent is Vinícius Prates.

Fat Ronaldo is just ******* about really. (edit: wow really? Is the term for having a wee with P really censored? Christ almighty.)

Yep, "marketing agent" actually...

Archived