Old Players in the game

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a disproportionate number of star players, who end up playing for quite low-stature clubs when they get near the end of their career?

Recently I had a long-term game with Southampton, and over about 5 years at various stages had Puyol, Rooney, Kaka, Rio Ferdinand, Xabi Alonso, Ibrahimavic and Sergio Busquets, and although I am an established top 8 team and have qualified for the Champions League twice, I just find it surprising that players such as that would end up playing for a club like Southampton, even at the end of their careers??

Any other thoughts on this, or other experiences?

How'd they do? Look at Bolton a few years ago with Hierro, Ivan Campo, Nakata etc -- they're available for clubs who want them, but a lot of managers (including the AI managers in the game) won't take the risk or spend the money if they can use a younger, cheaper player instead

Actually, there should be more old players who sign with clubs in lower reputation leagues in the game. In all my FM years, I haven't seen any big money foreign signings like Anelka in China, Eto'o in Russia, or Henry in USA. All the old players would rather play for less money in average reputation clubs than play for lots of money in low rep clubs.

Archived