Stats? Form? CA? PA? What should i look for?

I'm getting more and more confused on what "stats" i should be basing my signings on. There's quite a few lower league players (right down to BSN & BSS) who have excellent stats but always come up as an 1/2 star CA and PA for Premiership team, whereas a Premiership youth player with worse stats than the lower league player has 3 CA & 4 1/2 PA. I just ca't get my head around how a lower league youngster who has +14 Pace / Accel, +14 Finishing, +14 Work Rate and a "Determined" personality can be a worse striker than a Premier league youngster with =<10 attributes and a "Volatile" personality?

Does this mean the "out of 20" ratings don't really matter and the CA / PA is all that you have to base your signings on? or does it mean the CA / PA doesn't really matter and the "out of 20" ratings is what you base your signings on?...ARGHGHGHGH!

Has anybody experimented with signing lower league players and playing them in the Premiership? Do they improve enough? or do your fans / staff slate you every week about how you should transfer list them and set their status to "not needed"?

The star rating is a load of bull$hit. My scout said a GK from Africa has only 2 star CA and 2 1/2 star PA, but guess what, after I signed him my assman and coaches said he's 3 1/2 star CA and 4 star PA. All these staff have high JCA and JPA attributes, of course. It seems that reputation also affects your scout report if it's too low.

Basing your signing on attributes is the best.

Archived