Scott Dann, Center Forward.

ScottDannOverview_Profile.png

During the recruitment process for a new center back at Swansea I naturally had a look at Scott Dann. It seems the tactical genius that is Avram Grant thought Scott Dann should become naturalised as a striker. Could be decent at League 1/2 I recon.

Actually, that's not too bad by Premier League standards assuming you use him as either a target man or defensive forward in a two-striker formation. Set tackling to "Hard" and he could cause real problems for teams playing possession ball in their own half.

It's decent for a Target Man on Support actually though the Off the Ball and First Touch are a bit low but everything else is good enough for that role.

Has anyone actually tried to play with a defensive forward? Is it worth it?

On FM11 Jelle Vossen made a great defensive forward for my Celtic side, haven't managed him on FM12 but he looks like his attributes have had quite a big increase so if anything he should be even better in that role in this version.

It's decent for a Target Man on Support actually though the Off the Ball and First Touch are a bit low but everything else is good enough for that role.

Has anyone actually tried to play with a defensive forward? Is it worth it?

Just once, I had a ST in Sweden on FM10 that I couldn't get to perform in any role. Eventually gave him a last chance as a DF and his performances were much improved. In terms of actual play he didn't seem to play much different to a target man except he closed down a lot more.

On FM11 Jelle Vossen made a great defensive forward for my Celtic side, haven't managed him on FM12 but he looks like his attributes have had quite a big increase so if anything he should be even better in that role in this version.

Currently managing him with Swansea. I find that he's an excellent poacher in a loan role. I'm playing with classic tactics, so not to sure what specifies 'defensive forward' settings. He's got incredible poaching skills - finishing, off the ball, composure. His work rate is really great in his willingness to close down, especially when your pressing the opposition heavily as a team.

Archived