Youth intake

I've got quite a few in my Bielefeld save actually. Currently got a Turkish (ok no surprise :p), a bosnian herzegovinian and a greek youth player in my team, which is quite a lot considering I keep like 2 players each youth intake on average.

Bielefeld, lovely. I used to live there, how you getting on with them?

To answer the thread, in FM10 I had just two non-English players come through my youth system (a Swiss goalkeeper and a German/Malian CB) in 25 years play, despite having diverse staff in terms on nationality. In 6 seasons play of FM12, I have had an awful lot of English/St. Lucian & English/Barbadian players come through, as well as a Spanish striker dubbed the new Fernando Torres. Other than scouts, I only have four nationalities at the clubs in terms of coaching - English, French, Dutch and Spanish. The Spanish kid had Pablo Counago, my coach as favoured personnel as soon as he appeared, so I guess it was Counago's influence that enticed him. I have since sold him to Barcelona to allow him to fulfil a dream, got a cheeky £7.5m buy back clause though :thup:

You need a high level youth recruitment network. With Arsenal, I'v had africans, asians, americans, as well as french, german and spanish ... not necessarily very good ones, but yes, I get at least a couple of foreign kids each intake.

Robsy - Well under my management it's going excellent, real life they're doing a good job relegating from the third division last time I checked. That Turkish regen is actually the only player that has been around from the start since all other players just weren't good enough.

Checked my last youth intake, and although I had a lot of names that sound Polnish they're all Germans. Did find a Dutch regen in there though :p So perhaps it's a bit different per country? I can imagine Germany having a far higher chance at for example Turkish regens.

do all newgens have similar personalities in your saves also? I checked in fmscout and most of them have 10 in all their hidden attributes

The rule in England, which I think is being scrapped next year due to the EPPP agreement, is that youths must live within 50 miles of the club.

Indeed, this is also the reason why English clubs started looking abroad for youngsters considering the rule only counts for recruiting youth players within England. Especially in the London area you got like 4? PL clubs that gotta scout for English youth in pretty much the same 50 miles radius.

do all newgens have similar personalities in your saves also? I checked in fmscout and most of them have 10 in all their hidden attributes

FM sets certain standards for regens. While Brazil has the best PA on average countries like for example Germany/The Netherlands have more professional youngsters, so while they have less PA on average they have a higher chance at reaching it. Think since FM12 you can even edit this in the editor.

Archived