Newcastle :@

Am I the only person fed up with every football game where newcastle are title challengers. I was hoping it would be different on football manager 8 but no. Im guessing at the head of evry buisness there is a newcastle fan.

Its not my tactics or am a poor team, ive one 8 in a row with united and in that run ive beaten arsenal at home and liverpool at anfield.

whenever i play Newcastle with manutd chelsea realmadrid (championsleague) they out play me in evry way possible with the superstrong never injured michael owen the powerhouse centre back which is steven taylor, shae givin who i presume can slow down time.

Im at the point where ive added a new manager to the game as newcastle manager sold evry over-rated player and screwed up the tactics.

IS it time every game from fifa to pro from championship manager to football manager stopped over rating newcastle

(i know there are people that ease past newcastle sure to be reading this but take a look at where they are in your league am i right to assume that there 4-10 place in the league)

Am I the only person fed up with every football game where newcastle are title challengers. I was hoping it would be different on football manager 8 but no. Im guessing at the head of evry buisness there is a newcastle fan.

Its not my tactics or am a poor team, ive one 8 in a row with united and in that run ive beaten arsenal at home and liverpool at anfield.

whenever i play Newcastle with manutd chelsea realmadrid (championsleague) they out play me in evry way possible with the superstrong never injured michael owen the powerhouse centre back which is steven taylor, shae givin who i presume can slow down time.

Im at the point where ive added a new manager to the game as newcastle manager sold evry over-rated player and screwed up the tactics.

IS it time every game from fifa to pro from championship manager to football manager stopped over rating newcastle

(i know there are people that ease past newcastle sure to be reading this but take a look at where they are in your league am i right to assume that there 4-10 place in the league)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snowballnufc:

well they hav the players irl to be in the top four with the acception for the deffence, but they just cant play as a team irl so there for in fm if u get a few defenders in you hav a real chance which is realistic tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They most certainly do not have the players to be top four! That's the funniest thing I heard all day!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snowballnufc:

well they hav the players irl to be in the top four with the acception for the deffence, but they just cant play as a team irl so there for in fm if u get a few defenders in you hav a real chance which is realistic tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They most certainly do not have the players to be top four! That's the funniest thing I heard all day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm suprised you could read it to be fair.

I have been playing FM for years with Newcastle and they have had high hopes i have always ended up mid table. Now on FM08 iam having a good second season i Q for Champions league and am sitting top of the Prem League this would be true to life if we could attract the top class players like in FM08. In my team i have Van der Vaart who is mega and freddy Adu. but my best buy was Donavan from LA Galaxy he is proving a real match winner!!!! As a Newcastle fan i do like to dream!!!! One day!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maybe ... my p.c is a jordie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I rarely laugh out loud at forum posts, but my wife just turned around and asked me what was so funny...

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maybe ... my p.c is a jordie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I rarely laugh out loud at forum posts, but my wife just turned around and asked me what was so funny...

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wish someone loved me enough to be my wife. But that's a whole other thing...

in which case can use give me some advice on how to beat me cause either

A)they out play ,me with there clinical finishers making me look pants

B) i out play them but one long ball back to my keeper he controlls it and his 2nd touch goes like a mile ahead of him for a simple goal

C)well not exactly a newcastle thing against me but an average player takes an average corner and a small player with an average heading ability exploits the average patch made by SI and smashes it home while i scream abuse at my screen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevooo:

So that settles it my p.c is a jordie

and so is my ps3 and psp thats the last time i buy something from newcastle.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate...what's a jordie? someone who looks a bit like jordan? or maybe someone who comes from jordan?

oh...you mean a geordie! as in 'we are geordies, super geordies, keegan is our king'?

get it right lad! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevooo:

and so is my ps3 and psp thats the last time i buy something from newcastle.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Geordie? Isn't that a Scots man with his brains kicked out?

(Only joking, my Dad was from Durham, so don't take offence)

On my current game they have finished 14th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 6th and in the 2012/2013 season they are currently 12th.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

A Geordie? Isn't that a Scots man with his brains kicked out?

(Only joking, my Dad was from Durham, so don't take offence)

On my current game they have finished 14th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 6th and in the 2012/2013 season they are currently 12th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd be hard pushed to find anyone in the North East who would describe someone from Durham as a Geordie fella!

The reason Newcastle do well in many FM games is the same reason England always challenge for Euros and WC. Their individual players are far better than the way they perform as a team makes them look. As FM determines results on players ability, they perform better.

I cant remember who said it, but whoever also complained that Newcastle can attract top players, that is true to real life. If you look at the kind of players Newcastle sign compared to other mid-table teams they can attract big names, such as Owen, due to the size and passion of the club's fans and the potential the club has in terms of financial power and stadium facilities.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruttsie:

The reason Newcastle do well in many FM games is the same reason England always challenge for Euros and WC. Their individual players are far better than the way they perform as a team makes them look. As FM determines results on players ability, they perform better.

I cant remember who said it, but whoever also complained that Newcastle can attract top players, that is true to real life. If you look at the kind of players Newcastle sign compared to other mid-table teams they can attract big names, such as Owen, due to the size and passion of the club's fans and the potential the club has in terms of financial power and stadium facilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, that's all there is to it.

FM is only a game, which works by writing lots of code, and therefore governed by rules.

In real life many other factors come in to play and many different things can go wrong.

In FM if you have a team with a decent group of players (Newcastle, England) then they will more than likely do well without much management. In real life a group of good players doesn't always equal success.

Archived