Goalkeepers conceding penalties and being sent off

The scenario in case would be the fairly common one, in that a goalkeeper fouls a forward in an attempt to dive at the ball, and in doing so concedes a penalty and may even be sent off.

I'm pretty confident in saying this just doesn't happen in FM, I can never recall it happening. Does it happen, and that I just have never seen it? And why doesn't it happen, surely it's a gaping whole in the match engine. This sort of situation happens an awful lot over the course of the season, with the most recent that I can think of being Tim Krul against Fulham conceding a penalty after diving at the feet of the Fulham forward.

Edit; Just seen a similar thread a few posts below regarding and highlighting a similar problem.

I think the key reason why this is a very rare event in FM is that as a rule players do not attempt to go round the keeper, they will normally look to shoot as their first, second & third options with the fourth option being a pass.

The ME is also lacking in respect to keeper & attacking player closing in on a through ball, there are very few diagonal passes that would see these sort of 50-50's that often see the keeper being done & too many balls over the top that just skip on into the keepers arms.

Archived