Being a manager is hard, maybe I should of just worked at McDonalds.

TaoTev

Hi Guys,

This is my first Career Update and First FM game since FM09 so please be patient and expecting sackings lol. I don't know if anyone will take interest in this but ill do a few games and see.

Game Set Up

Argentina - Second Division

China - First Division

Engalnd - Npower league 2

France - Ligue 2

Holland - Juplier League

Italy - Seria B

Spain - Liga Adelante

Reputation - Sunday league

Here We Go!

So I did start a game before this one and went 2 months unemployed (some how). So I decided to start again and pick a realistic team that might of hired me in my previous game. I just wanted to get playing!

-------

mvvmaastricht.jpg

History

Founded in 1902, MVV Maastricht are a professional Dutch club currently playing in the Jupiler League. The club play their home games at De Geusselt and possess adequate training facilities and basic youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as De Sterrendragers.

The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success during the 1990s. Although now enduring a fourteen year barren spell, having not won a competition since 1997, De Sterrendragers still have a history of which they can be justly proud. MVV finished runners-up in the Dutch top division for the only time in 1926, and won the Dutch 2nd tier in 1984 and 1997 and finished runners-up once.

Targets

With it being my first FM game, my targets are to get back into the flow of FM and avoid being relegated/sacked.

My Contract and Expectations

1.4k p/w contract untill June 2013

League Prediction - 8th

Board Expectations - Playoff's (2nd - 8th). So it is very possible.

My Expectations - Don't get Relegated.

Squad

squadd.jpg

Star Players: Tom Daemen (DM), Prince Rajcomar (ST), Tom Van Hyfte (Attacking Winger)

Hot Prospects: Odrich Luwawu, Marco Haesen, Lucas Daogaru

Over all I was fairly happy with my team we had a selection of good players and a few decent back up players. However I would like to add a new DC, DL and Winger to the team. No injuries was also a great bonus.

Finances and Transfers

Balance - £203k

Transfer Budget - £14.75k

Wage Budget - £18.25k / Current Wages: 18k (p/w)

I wasn't too bothered by the transfer budget as I was in a low league and could sign players on free's. But the fact that the wage budget was fully spent was a big problem. Even when I sold a player it only freed up about £20 more a week......

Oh and to top it all off we had a parent club with a Trabzonspor, but we are not allowed to sign Non-EU players, so things were looking good. I tried my best to sign players but had no luck due to wages, which is a shame as I managed to get quite a few players wanting to join me on free's. I think a lot of this was down to my inexperience but I'm sure that will come with time.

Friendly's

preseasonm.jpg

I was happy to pick up a draw against Hannover, they are a much better team than us. So that got me off to a positive start.

US Quevilly was a very poor match. We gave away two penalty's which they both missed. We managed to hold on till the 60th minute before they scored. We didn't deserve a draw based on our performance, but the goal from Esajas to equalise was worthy of a draw, 30 yard strike top corner.

Overall not feeling to optimistic at the moment, was very very poor and could of been alot. The last match was terrible, 2 - 0 down within 10 mins. Only player to catch my eye is my Keeper (Butler). We seem to have no idea what to do when we get the oppositions box.

So please take the time to read and give me your honest opinions. I'm also welcome to any advice, as I said I'm basically new to this game (again) and yes you can all laugh at how bad I am :).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to pick up two players on loan for free and no contribution against wages. Eric Stadhouders and Dico Koppers. Good back up players but not key players. Really struggling with not being able to sign players outside the EU.

On a worse note, my second striker Lloyd Borgers is out for 7 weeks...

I like the set up of your thread and don't worry about being bad, personally I would prefer to read a thread of someone being bad with a bad team than winning all the time with a European giant. Good luck dude as deltablue said you never really lose the knack.

I wouldn't take the 170k, I would leave it for now and see what the current squad has to offer.

I like the set up of your thread and don't worry about being bad, personally I would prefer to read a thread of someone being bad with a bad team than winning all the time with a European giant.

It's true. Relegations, sackings and failures results in interest.

Why do you think so many people read mine? :D

Good to hear, Thanks Acidburn

It's true. Relegations, sackings and failures results in interest.

Why do you think so many people read mine? :D

Lol i really enjoyed reading your thread and you did do well untill Sheff Utd if i remember? and even that was harsh

I'm not sure I did that well.

What did you do about your player? It depends on how much money is in the bank whether I'd take it or not.

I decided to keep him, my wage budget is screwed, so even with money to spend on players, I cant get the contracts for them. So he will be more use to me than the money

Five Game Review

firstleaguetable2011.jpg

first52011.jpg

Vs Go Ahead - It was a pretty even game, I don't believe the scoreline was fair. One of the goals was a 25 yard scorcher. One of my DC's (Kuipers) was sent off as well.

Vs Volendam - They had a penatly within first 10 mins, we were on top for the rest of that had chances, hit the woodwork in the last min.

Vs AGOVV - Well Unlucky doesn't sum it up. *takes a break*. They had a penatly within the first 5 mins but it was saved, 5 mins later my player gets sent off (Daemen, I should of sold him). Just before the half was up we should of had a penalty. Just after half time the replacement for Daemen goes off injured, we then hit the post, they go and get ANOTHER penalty and score!.

Vs FC Oss - They went 2 - 0 up within 6 mins. BUT then it happened we scored our first league goal!!! 2 - 1, 10 mins later 2 - 2. This could be our first point in the league BUT THEN... THEN.... IT HAPPENED!!!!....... they went and scored to make it 3 - 2

FC Emmen - We took the lead for the first time in any league game. it lasted 30 mins and then they score in the 70th min to make it 2 - 1

Conclusions

- We're crap!

- At times we have the luck of a four leaf clover after its had its leaf's pulled off.

- We need a striker that can bloody finish!

- If I don't win in the next 3 - 5 games. I'm sacked!

So we drew NEC from the league above us in the Dutch Cup. This was pretty much a guaranteed loss, which isn't what I wanted. I could of done with a good cup run to build some confident in me.

secondleaguetable2011.jpg

second52011.jpg

vs SC Veendam - Sadly a lot of my players were on international duty, I expected a loss. But I was surprised we played out of our skins, but yet again we had strikers that couldn't finish.

vs Sparta - Wasted a one on one in the early stages, pretty much summed up how we cant finish. It was a normal game, nothing special.

vs SC Cambuur - We were knocking on the door all game. THEN IT HAPPENED it paid off, goals in the 84th and 86th min got us our first 3 points AMAZING! Well Happy

Vs Nec (Dutch Cup) - I was surprised!!! in the early stages we were on top, we were hammering away. Come the 30th min NEC shown their class. We managed to hold out till extra time and in the 93rd min. Im happy.

Vs Halmond Sport - Very dissapointed to be fair, we were leading 2 - 1 in the 86th min to go and conceed a very stupid goal.

Notes

- Were improving bit by bit, starting to get results and were starting to come together as a team. Few more adjustments to our tactics.

- Sadly the transfer windows shut now. It was a very disappointing but hoping we can do better next time round.

thirdleaguetable2011.jpg

third52011.jpg

Vs Telstar - We knocked all game, chance after chance and still no finish. Lucky for us we grab a goal in the 87th min. Good form continues

Board Report: They liked me when I lost 5 in a row. Now I have some form their dissapointed??? Maybe its a delayed reaction.

Vs FC Dordrecht - SIX PLAYERS!! were on international duty, I pretty much expected to lose this one. My team lacks depth so I had a 2nd string team out really. YYet we are 2 - 0 up by halftime. 3 - 1 by the 80th and 3 - 2 is the final score.

Vs FC Den Bosch - We weren't favourites for this but I fancied a result from it, they had a poor run of results. And I was right we put in a good performance 1 - 1 by half time and we grabbed a 2nd half goal to win. Defender had a cracker with a 8.2.

Vs Willem II - We should of won this one with ease and it started off like that, 1 - 0 within 10 mins but then we just turned to ***** and lost 3 - 1. No excuses.

Vs FC Eindhover - 2 - 0 up at 30mins, great performance. 4 - 1 at about 70 mins. Borges and Eagas are starting to show their skill as strikers :). 4 - 3 at 85mins SQUEEKY BUM TIME. But we sealed it with another goal to make it 5 - 3

Notes

- Teams really starting to come together.

- Strikers are starting to show what they can do

HOWEVER!!! Can someone please tell me why we have champions crowned already? Since my 2nd update by the looks of it

Just as Eajas gets on form he goes out injured. 6 - 7 weeks or a risk of an injection and possibly out for 8 weeks. I took the risk with the injection and I wont play him the next game, give him a little rest, hopefully it will pay off, if not its only an extra week.

Think one playoff place is decided every 8 games or so. Whoever scores the most points in that quarter reaches the playoffs. Plus a couple more teams at the end of the year. Go to your league table and click on the RULES tab and it should give you the answer. Nice start by the way. Forms picking up

Think one playoff place is decided every 8 games or so. Whoever scores the most points in that quarter reaches the playoffs. Plus a couple more teams at the end of the year. Go to your league table and click on the RULES tab and it should give you the answer. Nice start by the way. Forms picking up

Crazy league right? If you had beaten Willem you would have gotten a play off spot right? =/

Still in contention I'd say with W 4 D1 and L1. Two more wins and it may still suffice :)

The only thing that bugs me is that nowadays so many people write 'of' instead of 'have'. Is that really deemed acceptable among natives by now???

Still in contention I'd say with W 4 D1 and L1. Two more wins and it may still suffice :)

The only thing that bugs me is that nowadays so many people write 'of' instead of 'have'. Is that really deemed acceptable among natives by now???

And ermmm not really sure. My Grammar/spelling etc is tragic. So i'm the worst person to ask :)

good luck! really cool seeing someone manage in the Jupiler league, I'm managing AGOVV Apeldoorn there atm :D in my first season, currently 1st with 47 points in 24 games :D Ellery Cairo is a beast

Thats good work man, you got a career thread? and I might look out for Cairo lol :) Poach him. Trying signing Esajas from MVV, he's a good striker when he's not injured

forthleaguetable2011.jpg

fourth52011.jpg

Vs FC Zwolle - They were in bad form. We were in great form by our standards. I fancied us for this game, things went our way, they went down to 10 men with a dodgy decision. 1 - 0 within in the 70th min. We did get a 2nd but it was ruled offside.

INJURY UPDATE - Esajas went out for 2 months after the injections failed. Stadhouders (DM) went out for 5 weeks. Then Daemon the replacement for Stadhouders went out for 6 weeks. A week or two later one of our promising youngsters went out for 6 MONTHS with shin splints.

Vs Almere City - They were 6th (5 points ahead) So this was a play off battle. However we had the above players injured and 7 players on international duty (Is there a way of stopping this?) We got BATTERED they deserved the win and more goals to be fair. To sum it all up my KEEPER got a yellow card for HAND BALL!!!

Vs Fortuna Sittard - They were 2nd so I expected a loss! Last kick of the game and we score an own goal! TERRIBLE I would of been happy with a draw.

Vs Go Ahead - Wanted to win this one to try and get back on form. Not much to say really, we just couldn't finish, we hit the post once and that's about it.

Vs Voldendam - Against 2nd place already qualified for the play off's dangerous game!. WE got a draw, really happy with that one.

Conclusions

- When were bad, were bad. When were good, were good.

- Injuries are starting to occur now :/ bad times.

Question. Does anyone actually read the little match updates? or should I just keep it simple and stick with the screenshot?

Thats good work man, you got a career thread? and I might look out for Cairo lol :) Poach him. Trying signing Esajas from MVV, he's a good striker when he's not injured

thanks :) and no I don't have a thread. Think I have enough strikers atm, I signed Ratko Vansimpsen as my main striker, he's really good, started off slowly but now he's class

fifthleaguetable2011.jpg

fifth52011.jpg

Vs AGOW - We managed to make it 2 - 1 in the 79th min, looked like a helpful 3 points for us. Sadly they scored in the 88th min. We let too many late goals in.

Injury Update - Castellana my defender, who I class as my 3rd best player is injured for 2 weeks

Vs FC Oss - 3rd place. My star striker Esajas is back from injury and scores. We then go to 5 - 1, first game we've battered a team really enjoyed it. Shame we had to concede again.

Vs FC Emmen -They were 3rd from bottom so it should of been a easy win. However we struggle with lower teams and it shown here. They outplayed us and deserved the win to be fair. Yet again we couldn't finish.

Injury Update - My Keeper Colin Van Eijk is out for 2 - 3 weeks

Vs SC Veendam - Bottom place so we should win, but as I said we play bad against lower teams and all teams to be fair. 1 - 0 till the 87th min and they grab a goal. We concede too many late games.

Vs Sparta - They were 6th, so for once I was happy to be playing a higher team, we seem to do better. They went 1 - 0 up and we came back straight away with a slick slick move. Then we crumbled and went 3 - 1 down. Pathetic!

Injury Update - Winkens my main DL is out for 6 - 7 weeks. Haven't really got a decent replacement.

Notes

- Were really inconsistent and were heading slowly down the table.

- My strikers are back to not being able to score

- At the end of the season (if I'm still manager), Unless I get more money I'm leaving. I've been unable to sign anyone at all! and now contracts are up for renewal but I cant because I cant afford the wage increases.

sixthleaguetable2011.jpg

sixth52011.jpg

Vs Helmnd - This was a prime example of not being able to keep a lead. We went 1 - 0 up, then 1 - 1. We went 2 - 1 up then 2 - 2. Then they grabbed the winner in you guessed it. 85th min....

It started, THE REBELLION. 3 players come to me and said they had lost faith in me and the board are dissapointed. I need a win in the next few games or I'm sacked.

Vs Cambr - We needed a performance... and we got it in the first 20 mins. We had chance after chance after chance BUT NO GOALS. They get two chances and get two goals.... after that we crumbled.. i felt sorry for the fans.

AND THERE WE GO!!!!! Adam Cormack is sacked from MVV........

I'm actually glad I was sacked. The wage budget was impossible to work with (for me anyways) and I know I'm still a bit new to FM and learning, but the results were just not fair. My tactics, I believe were fine. We were scoring the goals and winning games untill the 80th min when we would lose, in most cases.

This career will be continued, that's if you haven't lost interest by now :) i'm going to go and update my CV. (AC Milan have a job going.... maybe.... ;) )

Archived