Work Permit Issues

This has happened to me a few times now.. and it bugs the hell out of me

- I've signed 2 players of no EU.. both was granted work permits, but when the transfer was agreed and they joined my squad, they had the "WP" icon thus I couldnt play them.

- Had 3 non-EU players, two who was considering english citizanship, and one who was considering Polish (from my feeder club link).. but they wont accept them, again leaving me with more players with "WP".. waste of my money!!

any solutions?! this happened to anyone else?!

This has happened to me a few times now.. and it bugs the hell out of me

- I've signed 2 players of no EU.. both was granted work permits, but when the transfer was agreed and they joined my squad, they had the "WP" icon thus I couldnt play them.

- Had 3 non-EU players, two who was considering english citizanship, and one who was considering Polish (from my feeder club link).. but they wont accept them, again leaving me with more players with "WP".. waste of my money!!

any solutions?! this happened to anyone else?!

No solutions, you're going to have to sell them, let them go for free.

The first two will not have ben granted WP's you will have been told that you can sign them because you have a work permit feeder club, but you will not have been told that they got a work permit.

The second set IMO is an issue SI have to look at. Why on earth would a player not take citizenship if it is going to cost them a work permit?

Put simply, don't buy non-EU's.

Unfortunately there is no way to force citizenship on a player. IRL, a player would accept an EU nationality they were eligible for if it meant they could play, so I'm hoping for a slight change in this for 09.

As for your WP players, offer them a new contract and see if they get granted work permits and the indicator disappears, otherwise you'll have to loan them to a work permit feeder club. Belgium & Poland take 3 years to gain citizenship, and Spain 2 if they have Spanish as their 1st language (5 otherwise). But only do this if they're under 22 or so, otherwise it isn't really worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

No solutions, you're going to have to sell them, let them go for free.

The first two will not have ben granted WP's you will have been told that you can sign them because you have a work permit feeder club, but you will not have been told that they got a work permit.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ONe of the players was Daniel Carvalho.. Brazil international, huge rep.. I sold him to Barca and he got a WP!!!

Carvalho has a big rep yes, but he is far from a Brazilian International. The rule is they have to have played 75% (or there abouts) of their nations internationals in the previous season or so, he hasn't done that so he is unlikely to get a WP.

He didn't get a WP for Barca because Spanish teams don't operate work permits, they do have a quota on the amount of foreigners allowed in their teams though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The second set IMO is an issue SI have to look at. Why on earth would a player not take citizenship if it is going to cost them a work permit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started a thread about this and apparently players not accepting nationality even after they are eligible is a 'known issue' according to the tester that answered my question. Hopefully this has been looked into and fixed for fm2009.

Archived