Bulk add to shortlist?

Has there been a change in a patch to the way "Add To Shortlist" works??

My aim :

To export a shortlist of all players who are interested in joining my club.

Method I've used in the past :

Player Search with "unrealistic transfers" ticked.

Shift click first player down to last player so that all players are selected.

Right click on list, select Scouting, then add to shortlist.

Go to Shortlists, export shortlist.

Issue Now:

Now when I right click, there is no 'Scouting' option in the pop up menu. There is for a single player or a few players, but not for a larger group of players. I used to be able to do this with 9000+ players...

Any ideas????

many thanks

Issue Now:

Now when I right click, there is no 'Scouting' option in the pop up menu. There is for a single player or a few players, but not for a larger group of players. I used to be able to do this with 9000+ players...

Any ideas????

many thanks

If there is one person in the list/selection who you can't scout the option doesn't appear.

Reasons could be player retired, already asked to scout him, outside your scouting zone, transfer agreed?

Just done a test. It's been capped at 500.

Works fine with 500 or less, disappears if you have 501+ players selected. This means I have to split the list into 19 chunks and add them seperately, when I used to be able to do it one go. This hardly seems like progress :-(

• SI Staff

I believe this was done because it caused so much lag when adding that many players to a shortlist - sometimes to the point where the game would crash. Capping it at 500 prevents the game from hanging for too long and avoids crashing the game.

Instead of doing them as 19 chunks, could you separate them into different positions they play in? Will make it easier to identify players than in 19 random clusters of players.

Fair enough. I've actually discovered a way of doing it all in one go just like it used to be. Still takes a few minutes for the pc to process it, but it works. I'm not giving any more detail in case you stop me from doing that as well lol.

Just done 9,809 players in one 'Add to shortlist' :-)

thanks anyway

Archived