Imagining interviews while on the toilet

Just wondering how many people do this. Was talking to a friend during the week and the idea of imagining yourself as a manager and giving interviews in your head when you away from the game. Basically both of us will play out full blown interviews when on the toilet. Found it amusing.

Anyone else do this?

Wouldn't football be more interesting if all real life managers did their press conferences on the toilet? Imagining SAF interviewed while on his throne... would his nose be even redder than usual? And do you think he has a Man U. themed bathroom design?

Ha, least when he gets angry at the reporters he will have something to throw at them.

Never on the toilet. But always when I go to bed before I sleep. Funny, though, I thought I was the only one doing this.

This.

I always do ESPN Press Pass type of shows in my head also where 2 panelists discuss the strengths and weaknesses of my team.

I regret nothing.

I find myself sat at work thinking about my squad and during lunchbreak tend to have three or four scraps of paper with scribbles about my team, tactics and formations. I once read that Sir Alex Ferguson tells his squad that 'he has his best eleven written and sealed in his office' if things are not going well he just goes to this default XI which is determined by qualilty only - I HAVE THIS. For my current save i have my 'best team' written down and if i lose a couple out comes the paper with the names. To show how crazy it is three of the eleven are currently sat in my reserves, two transfer listed and one up for loan. They cant get near my team under normal circumstances.

Just wondering how many people do this. Was talking to a friend during the week and the idea of imagining yourself as a manager and giving interviews in your head when you away from the game. Basically both of us will play out full blown interviews when on the toilet. Found it amusing.

Anyone else do this?

How do you both fit on the toilet? One cheek each?! :p

Ha Ha

I'll also admit to finding myself doing this when away from the game. Not always in my head though as if i'm alone in the house i'll do it out loud. I've also noticed when doing this I become scottish even though i've never been north of newcastle. Was starting to worry about it but it seems i'm not alone.;)

I find myself sat at work doodling and planning formations, once ive got an idea for a formation in my head it is planned to the exact detail whenever I have a free moment, which includes the most free time of all, the toilet. A lot of planning for my next moves happens in the bathroom, dont really know what I'd do without this time ot myself. All my saves would be disasters.

tbh im not sure my away from game fantasies would be called imaginary interviews, well maybe off the record chats with local press guy, because i tend to discuss (in my head) why i have signed certain players, which players will be bought in future, how i have improved my squad and strengths of my new team for the season.

typical interview/ convo - name position, discuss previous weaknesses (eg keeper is ageing, no pace on wing), explain reasons for new signing, justify price, pros, cons. Then talk about how team has improved because of this. Will also discuss how new formations have been implemented and why, which players have adapted, which players i will target in future and why. Also ambitions, so i will think about where the club is heading, where i aim to be in a few seasons and how i will put it into place.

Basically i treat FM as if its my job always making considerations and scenarios, more so than actual job because i actually like and care about football lol

PS - maybe this was less sad/geeky sounding when i played FM Live since i was actually simming against humans, damn this makes me feel i need a life even tho i actually have several active things in my life and only play FM sometimes, just sound real nerdy lol

Archived