Unrealistic morale drop

I started a new game as Colwyn bay in the Blue square north

Midway through the season we have won 19 drawn 1 and just lost our first game

Suddenly the players morale has gone from superb to abysmal , not just one player but 10 of the starting 11 .

Surely with just this one defeat our first it should have dropped slightly not fallen through the floor , anyone would think we had lost 19, drawn one and only won one

PS after the match i calmly told the players they were unlucky as we lost 2-1 but had 23 attempts on goal to their 5

Post in the bugs forum if its dropped that much, but my morale has dropped/become stable at around fairly good, i think i have 1 player aboev fiarly good (Im Inter Milan, top of the table, won 24, drawn 1 lost 2, in all comps)

I've had it a couple of times were morale of a new player i've brought in is abysmal. One was Junior Hoillet (recently) and the other 2 were last season, Summer window, 1 was from my presvious club Ajax, and the other was a newgen from a lower club in Serie C1/A.

Morale needs tweeking slightly IMO. Not major overhauling, just needs slight work to stabilze it more.

What were the odds of you winning the game you lost? What did you say before the game? What did you say at half-time? How did they react when you told them they were unlucky? What did you say in any press conferences before or after? And are you putting too much pressure on them to succeed when they are already overperforming?

A sudden plummet to abysmal usually happens with players who have significant flaws in their mental attributes, but if they lose a game they were expected to win (and told they would win) despite a general league performance that is against predictions and has led to increasing pressure to maintain the run of form, yeah, it can happen.

Archived