Do passbacks exist?

No because passing back and keeper picking it up is a mistake from the keeper, it wouldn't happen in any game like FIFA or Pes and won't ever happen in FM

Ok, so we should remove own goals because they are a mistake from the opposite team? :cool:

I've seen 1 but it was on FM09, not seen one since (although I've seen keepers pick the ball up outside the area a few times as well).

To be fair it's not very common in real life. I can only remember one incident vaguely which resulted in Alan Shearer smashing a ball into the top corner from 7 yards out... here:

I've seen 1 but it was on FM09, not seen one since (although I've seen keepers pick the ball up outside the area a few times as well).

To be fair it's not very common in real life. I can only remember one incident vaguely which resulted in Alan Shearer smashing a ball into the top corner from 7 yards out... here:

Well it does happen a fair bit more often in lower leagues :) .. at least at the levels I have played at (Amateur level). Maybe a few times a season on average, does it happen in a game I am in.

As for FM, I have seen an IFK in the box once in total game time over the whole series. I think it was FM09. That was because of obstruction being called in the penalty box.

As rare as they are, I don't that FM has it built in for indirect free kicks inside the area, or for pass backs.

I just don't think they included them at all.

WHS^^, FM is not capable of simulating indirect freekicks inside the area, it's why we used to see penalties given for obstruction (impeding) in older versions of the game.

That isn't right at all though. Handling a passback is not a red card offence, and it says "deliberate handball". I think it's a "referee forgets that goalkeepers are allowed to handle the ball" rather than a passback.

There aren't even indirect free kicks outside the area on FM. Though you may sometimes see it mentioned that the free kick is indirect (and there are free kicks from offside as well), if it goes straight in then a goal will be awarded.

Think it was mentioned on here a long time ago but I'm not certain maybe one of the SI guys could confirm but I'm sure the pass back isn't included into any football game because it's so difficult to code or get the balance of it right, something along those lines anyway.

Archived