Feeder clubs.

I'm playing as Manchester City(I know it's not the hardest game but I'm a city fan) in my second season I requested a feeder club for work permits, to which the board allowed me to select my preferred feeder club, but the request got rejected(I selected Beerschot Antwerp from Belgium) After another season I found a stunning regen from Egypt and another from Mexico, knowing the work permits appeals would be rejected I went to ask for another feeder club but it wouldn't allow me, the option is greyed out and when I view club information I can't select them as a possible feeder club.

So my question is why can't I select my feeder clubs any more.

Cheers

I think you need to wait 6 months between requesting feeder clubs? may be longer?

As for picking the club - Did you check to see if they already had a parent club?

I find its usually better for the board to do a shortlist then decide from there.

I think in Belgium, the player has to play there for 3 years. After that he can get Belgian citizenship. But the time depends on the country. For instance in Slovakia it is 5 years (1825 days).

That's the reason why some countries are prefered for feeder clubs.

Edit: I should research before posting, although Manchester United's arrangement is quite an interesting one.

Linked to club in Brazil who send the better youth prospects to FC Twente to gain EU Citizenship

Desportivo Brasil website.

Maybe the current system in FM could do with a slight overhaul, rather than having a single link with another European club the feature should be expanded to require multiple inter-dependant links between clubs, in essence it's no good having a feeder team to help with EU citizenship unless that it complemented with global links.

For me the system should work as follows

• Arrange partnership with academy in South/North America, Africa etc, this gives extra scouting knowledge of that region, regular development updates on players at the academy & first dibs on any transfers.
  • Once the partnership is arrange the club then finds a suitable partner to facilitate gaining EU citizenship, if not done with 12 months the academy partnership is terminated.
  • Players signed from the academy will immediately go to the EU feeder club & remain there for the required time period, during the transfer dealings the other European club will indicate whether they are willing to accept the player, if they are not the transfer is cancelled.
  • If the parent club are not taking enough payers from the academy then the link should be cancelled by the academy as they are obviously not making any money from the arrangement,.
  • The EU feeder club should exit the arrangement if the feel the parent club are not sending enough good quality players for them to use.
  • The overall parent club can look to change the EU feeder club if it is felt they are rejecting too many players.

Just my two-cents.

If you sign South Americans, isn't it better to have a feeder club in Spain? Only two years for them to gain Spanish nationality there...

I've read once that is only valid while they are on Spain so it wouldn't work for an English club.

Could be wrong though.

I obviously meant loaning them out to that feeder club for 720 days. Sorry for the lack of clarity :p

Obviously, what i'm saying is that the 2nd Nationality is only valid if the player resides in Spain, on the moment he comes back to England it's no longer valid.

It sounds weird and it could be wrong but it was what i read around here.

Obviously, what i'm saying is that the 2nd Nationality is only valid if the player resides in Spain, on the moment he comes back to England it's no longer valid.

It sounds weird and it could be wrong but it was what i read around here.

Yes it does say "needs to reside in Spain" in some player information screens, but isn't that while he applies for the nationality? When he already has got it, isn't that a full nationality in legal terms?

Yes it does say "needs to reside in Spain" in some player information screens, but isn't that while he applies for the nationality? When he already has got it, isn't that a full nationality in legal terms?

Can't say for sure but i would guess not or else clubs like Manchester United would use a Spanish club instead of Antwerp.

Archived