Continuous vs Accumulative Work Permits

Help! In my Manchester United save, I have a player from DR Congo. I placed him in Antwerp for a year. During the year he got his first international cap and I offered him a new contract at the end of the year but the permit was denied again. Now I put him back in Antwerp and the clock has reset back to 0!

Any suggestions? He now is 20 years old and has 11 caps. I am in December of the season and am considering selling him off or moving to another country which does not need continuous residency. Any suggestions as to what course to follow? The player is indicating he feels he is too good to be loaned out and I'm scared his progression will be hindered as my scouts told me he could be better than Patrice Evra when I signed him.

Have you tried offering him another new contract? If that doesn't work I may be tempted to cut my losses and sell him. If you get another feeder club in a country that is accumulative residency he will be 22/23 by the time he qualifies for it, and he may not have progressed as well as he would with your team.

Archived