chairman accepting transfer offers

i'm currently managing manchester united,just going through pre-season in my 2nd season after winning the prem,league cup and champions league,the clubs balance is 50 million pounds and inter milan made 2 offers for anderson in which i rejected. The 3rd bid of 22 million came in with 7.5 spread over x amount of months and david gill(chairman) accepted the offer,"the offer was to good to refuse and has decided to take matters in to his own hands by accepting the bid on behalf of the management". Why? this has dissapointed me,would it be to do with the balance of 50 million or the clubs debts?:confused:

At the first offer negotiate for any ridiculous fee and 50% sell on clause and set to non-negotiable and you won't have a problem. Alternatively go to the player transfer status and set asking price very high and you'll receive no bids at all. Its very easy to keep any player.

Any offer would have been too good to refuse, in my view.

Sometimes in the game the Chairman accepts a bid for a player. Sometimes it happens when you bid for a player. I bid €300k for a player in Brazil and the chairman accepted it because it was too good to turn down.

Well at least you don't have Anderson anymore. Use the money to buy a better player, like Sissoko, or M'Villa.

This is the biggest problem i have had with fm for years now. Not the fact the daft chairman does it, just the fact i can't throw a tantrum and publibly announce to every newspaper that my chairman is a n00b!

This deal doesn't really make sense, considering Anderson was signed for £17m. With £50m in the bank, it's not like the club is desperate for money, either.

To get around it - it's a silly thing, but set the selling price of that player to £0 - every club will bid £0, and your chairman will never accept these bids.

Archived