The most ludicrously wrong offside decision in the history of modern football!

... is the only way I can describe it. Take a look at these four pictures to see what I mean.

This is the moment when Kroos first receives the ball. Rafinha is not offside, nor had he been at any point during the attack.

ny8x9h.jpg

Rafinha steps back to enable Kroos to pass the ball to him after he had made a superb feint to fool the opponents defender.

kckr55.jpg

Rafinha receives the ball, looks forward and sees space to run into.

dm8iad.jpg

He runs into space and is fouled by the defender (absolutely no contact with the ball, which just kept moving straight forward) who was earlier outplayed.

58sn4.jpg

Rafinha is called offside!

W-what? I am so confused.

It seems to me that the wrong offside call is an event programmed into the match engine with a tiny chance to appear completely randomly, regardless of what's happening in the match. FM match engine is a very good simulator, but it's still far from perfect.

Well this is odd, I have seen a very similar instance in my game today, just like this OP's example the player was at a minimum 5 yards onside & was finally called offside after he was brought down by my defender.

[video=youtube;3fF3xYHu-ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fF3xYHu-ng

I'm all for mistakes from officials being in the game but there is a chance that the code used to replicate this is not working correctly.

@quaazi it might be worth you saving the match pkm & uploaded to ftp so it can be looked at along with mine, post in here if you do.

Wasn't Cougar's cryptic "it happens in real life" answer enough? He may just be keeping the thread warm for milnerpoint though.

I didn't think it was crypic :(

Or at least if you had watched the match, DR played a guy onside by a good 10 yards but it was flagged.

I didn't think it was crypic :(

Or at least if you had watched the match, DR played a guy onside by a good 10 yards but it was flagged.

Not quite the same as my incident where the lad was played on by 4 defenders & it wasn't a case of him breaking the defensive line with a burst of pace that caught out the assistant who if you look carefully didn't raise his flag.

The fact that both incidents ended up with the offside player on the deck after a tackle leads to a reasonable theory that this is the work of a bug, certainly worth SI checking out.

I've often had offside decisions go against me when one of my players are fouled, but they usually seem close enough to not make a fuss of. This one, however... maybe it is a bug indeed?

@quaazi it might be worth you saving the match pkm & uploaded to ftp so it can be looked at along with mine, post in here if you do.

I'm afraid I have no idea how that's done. :p

Archived