patches do work on saved games right?

The only bug that I'm 100% sure is not save game compatible is the one that means the Euro Cup final is not played at a neutral venue in odd numbered years.

I think there is another one but I cant remember what it is.

They are save game compatible, but like some people have already said, you don't get all the changes.

For example, the League One Playoff final was always played at the home teams own stadium.. instead of a neutral stadium before the 12.1 patch.

This was fixed with 12.1 patch, but you need to start a new save to get the changes. (It doesn't fix it, for any games started on the 12.0 patch)

So if your save game was started on the 12.0 patch, League One Playoff final's will still be played at the home teams own stadium.. untill you start a new save.

Database is information about the clubs, players, nations etc.

So in the default database a player might have lower ratings than in a updated one, if they have had a good season (In the newer database they will be better). Additionally transfers and managerial changes may be reflected in newer databases. These changes will not carry over into your game (Ex. In the updated database, which has yet to be released, Neil Warnock will not be QPR manager. However this will have no effect on your save if you are playing with a default database).

Hope that helps.

thanks how do i know what database i am playin on ? plus i have only had the game about 2 weeks so the newest patch is downloaded was the 12 1 1

The default 12.0 one since you won't get a new db till the patch after the end of the January transfer window.

so in my saved game when the jan update comes i wont get the links of donovan and gibson in my team? and other transfers happening to other teams?

Donovan isn't with Everton in the game because he's only on short term loan (same with Keane and Villa for example).

Gibson will be on the team as he's going to Everton on a transfer so he will be at the club from the start of the season (or whenever your start date is).

The default 12.0 one since you won't get a new db till the patch after the end of the January transfer window.

Donovan isn't with Everton in the game because he's only on short term loan (same with Keane and Villa for example).

Gibson will be on the team as he's going to Everton on a transfer so he will be at the club from the start of the season (or whenever your start date is).

start of what season? next season in my saved game? i am 20 odd games in my first season i may not play fm till the jan update and just start again, hate having to start over again it makes me lose interest in the game ... sigh

start of what season? next season in my saved game? i am 20 odd games in my first season i may not play fm till the jan update and just start again, hate having to start over again it makes me lose interest in the game ... sigh

You will have to start a newgame if you want to use a new database in the next patch.

You will have to start a newgame if you want to use a new database in the next patch.
thought they where saved compatible ? say for instance a ref kicks the ball and scores which wont happen but if it did and that got fixed in a patch in my current save gave the ref kicked and scored a goal and i updated to the new patch the ref would still kick the ball even though i have the new patch?

No, bug fixes and database are entirely different.

Compare your save game to a house.

Bugs are like the shingles on the roof. You can replace them without destroying the rest of the house (your save). Changing the database used by your save would be like ripping out the foundations of your house. Not something you would do if you like your house, because it would obviously be very damaging to it.

Therefore while most bug fixes are save game compatable (the referee example you cited is a bug, not a database issue. A database issue would be something like Howard Webb having a harshness rating of 1), database changes ARE NOT. So if you want to use the new database, you should wait till the end of the month when the new patch will likely be released.

Archived