This was a one club save, but then I got sacked after just 17 games!

HotChocolate

ZamoraFC.png

Zamora Club de Futbol

And so with a bit of a heavy heart I start my new career, I learnt a lot from my previous save which will hopefully make this one better and much smoother. This time round, I've decided to do a one club save (assuming it doesn't go wrong and I get the sack) now I did consider taking over Tenerife and taking them back to the top division and onto the Champions League but after experiencing teams with huge debts and huge expectations I didn't really want to go through all that pressure again, so I chose Zamora C.F. who are on the same level as Tenerife but not the same league. There are 4 divisions of the Segunda B which I think actually makes it possible to win the league and not go up? I'll have to wait and see. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Leagues Loaded - Loaded all players from top division in Europe.

What I am greeted with:

League Table - A lot of reserves team that will give us a challenge and UEFA Cup runners up Alaves makes it interesting.

Squad - Very average, didn't really expect any more. At least I can define who I will want to stay and who I will want to leave.

Team Report - We are either brilliant, or poor. I may use this to work out my tactics as I will be looking to change from last time.

Finances - We are in the black, it's how I like it. No loans or debt, a nice platform to stand on.

Information - Nothing special at all. If anyone has a link for the kits I'd be very grateful, can't find them anywhere.

Facilities - Again, nothing special but I didn't expect anymore at all.

League History - Never been higher than Segunda Division B, lets hope I can change that!

Overall Comment: Bring it on! Really looking forward to this save, I've not had a proper go at a one club save before so if I don't get sacked and I can get past the first two or three seasons with a promotion I'll be delighted! Come on Zamora, no, not you Bobby.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well said there.

I didn't even say much! :cool:

In bocca al lupo.

I had to Google what that meant :o

Good luck HC! My squad overview looks about the same for left back :( I've never had a decent left back on any save with any team, ever!

Left backs are one of the hardest positions to find just like in real life so once you find one, keep 'em.

Thought this was going to be a Fulham thread.

Good luck!

Now why would you think that? :D

You're meant to reply with "crepi il lupo" (which is pretty much "death to the wolf"), otherwise it's bad luck. ;)

Good luck with Zamora, I played in that same league with Barakaldo when they got promoted. :thup:

Yes, I saw when I Googled it but was to confused by what I was reading to understand :cool:

Good luck with your new career :)

Thanks City!

Good luck with the new save :) Bring on the first update!

Thanks abulezz, just about to do the pre-season report.

Good luck with Zamora :)

You've got a couple of big names in your division in the form of Alaves and Real Union, both with fairly successful pasts, who should give you a good test.

I was considering taking a big club in one of the 4 groups (mainly looked at Tenerife) in the end, I never really did have a favorite just had to take one as soon as I could before it bugged me and the finances just swayed it for Zamora.

ZamoraFC.png

Zamora C.F. Pre-Season 2011/2012

League Table - Predicted to finish 9th, I think we will be able to achieve that but promotion/playoffs will be a bit of a push as there are a lot of good teams in this league, including league champions Eibar!

Squad - Not changed much at all since I joined, but it's at an acceptable level, we've got some good players that will have to perform to get us the victories.

Team Report - Again, not changed much but it seems to have improved which is always a plus.

Confidence - I'd be disappointed if I couldn't oblige to their demands.

Finances - Chances are it will keep dropping but we aren't in a damaging position at all. Which is very nice.

Transfers - Very little movement although the 3 players we've brought in will go straight into the starting 11.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quinton Fortune - We all know him, good, experienced and versatile.

Nono - Should feature a lot in the league.

Antonio Lopez - He has some experience in the leagues above which should mean he can comfortably fit in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactics

ZamoraCFTactics_TeamInstructions.png

I've adapted the tactics to fit the players we have at the moment, hopefully they wont take to long to gel and when they do they should be solid and compact. In my old career I used a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation, I ditched it just for a change. My team instructions have varied throughout my time on FM to suit the players and expectations I have, if I'm going to battle against relegation I'll be balanced and look to win as many games as possible knowing I will lose a lot at the same time. If I'm gunning for promotion I go for it, attacking, footballing play where everyone is involved in getting forward. If I'm expected to come mid-table, which is this season, I hold a solid formation and look to get points every game.

In other news: The English Premier League got underway and there was some

surprising results. Like Stoke beating Chelsea 3-0 and Wolves hitting Spurs for 4.

Thanks Pangaea :thup:

August/September 2011

1. Zamora 2-3 Palencia (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A very even game that was unfortunately won with a very lucky goal. Palencia started well and got ahead early with a deflected shot, the goal was given as an own goal by Sergio Sánchez. However we came back at them with 2 goals to put us infront, one of them coming from a set-piece but before the referee could blow for half time they got back into the game. The second started slowly and that was reflected in the goal they scored, a pass back that was well underhit fell to the feet of Jorge Molino who passed it pass the keeper to put Palencia 3-2 ahead and we couldn't find an answer.

2. Burgos 1-2 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A game in which we dominated was harder than it should have been. The first half was dyer from our point of view as we went a goal behind from a corner kick and couldn't manage to get the ball on target. A few words were said at half time but no changes, the message was clear, we shouldn't be losing and after a great run from Nono, Jacobo Trigo took the ball off him and smashed it against the bar, fortunately it bounced in over the line and we were level. We then went and took the lead thanks to a well placed finish from super sub Jairo. They never threatened to get back into the game so we went home happy with 3 points.

3. Zamora 0-1 Amorebieta (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A feisty game that saw 8 yellow cards took away a lot of the quality. We were poor all over the field and didn’t create anything clear cut. They didn’t really deserve the win but they took their chances and we didn’t, so we can’t complain. Some of our best players don’t seem to be stepping up to the challenge, which is quite frustrating as without them we won’t go far this season.

4. Segoviana 0-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Another boring game where there were chances, quite a few but due to lack of quality from both teams neither net ever bulged. It seems odd that the first two games were really entertaining a lot of goals and good finishes but the last two games have been very dull and boring. Might try out the 4-1-2-1-2 formation for the next game, see if we can try and get another player supporting the strikers.

5. Zamora 1-2 Real Sociedad “B” (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A mid-week game saw us make a few changes to the squad, we went out and started brilliantly scoring in under 7 minutes. Even when we went in at half time we seemed comfortable and solid at the back. Then 2 quick goals from Joseba Beitia killed us off and we never really came back. The only real chance we had was 15 minutes before the end but we failed miserably and yet again we went home without 3 points.

6. Lemona 1-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

We threw away the points here, we had our chances to take the lead but we didn’t take them. They didn’t offer to much going forward so it seemed if we took the lead we could easily go onto to take all 3 points. We didn’t and then we gave away a penalty, which they scored and took home the three points.

-------------------------------------------------------

League: We are currently 18th in the relegation zone with just 4 points. 5 goals in 6 games sums up everything you need to know, since the first two games of the season our strike force have given absolutely nothing, a tough first month but the only way is up.

Hopefully form will pick up soon. Some decent signings in pre-season to.

I'm surprised how hard we've found it especially after the first two games. I'm going to play 4-1-2-1-2 in the next game, see how well that works.

Fortune still plays professional football!

Rough start - must be looking forward to that first victory :)

I won the 2nd game of the season, only picked up 1 point after that.

Not too much ball hitting the back of the net so far.

You're right there, which is surprising as I have some good attacking players.

What do you expect, Zamora is still playing for Fulham... :o

If I could sign him, I will. Even if it's as a Staff member in 10 years time.

But there is plenty of love. :p

There will always be love in my thread :D

October 2011

7. Zamora 1-1 Arandina (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A game of 2 halves as they say. The first half was action packed with glorious chances for both side but in the end no one scored whereas the 2nd half there was basically no chances with 2 goals. They took the lead and again we didn’t look like scoring but a moment of magic from Alonso put us a level. Still looking for our 2nd win of the season though.

8. Guijuelo 2-1 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Another poor performance from us. We haven’t been unlucky in any of the games we’ve played, we’ve been poor and deserved what we’ve got. They scored two goals which killed the game off for us although we were never in it. We did manage a consolation goal in the last minute of the game but nothing to shout about.

9. Zamora 1-3 Alavés (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Yet again the game was over so quickly. Within the first half an hour they were 3-0 up and that was game over. We can’t score and although our defence has been okay this season if you don’t score you don’t win. I made 3 changes at half time but it did nothing to threaten them even if we did pull 1 goal back.

10. Sestao 2-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Amazingly we could have won this game and we played quite well. We had a great chance to win it with 5 minutes to go but Alonso cocked up a one on one and they went and scored 2 goals. Again poor finishing has cost us points. It’s so frustrating to finally get into a position where we could win it and pick up 3 points but we threw it away and left with no points.

11. Zamora 3-1 U.D. Logroňés (Segunda División B - Group 2)

I may have just saved my job with that victory. Before the game, I was next in line to be sacked and surely another winless game would have cost me my job but we went out there and performed brilliantly. We took the lead early on and extended it soon after. They pulled a goal back on the half time mark at which point I thought we’d go on to lose but we came out 2nd half, survived the pressure they put on us and then scored a 3rd on the break to get all 3 points.

12. Mirandés 0-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

We went to the team sat 2nd in the league and put up a decent performance. Being the away side we were always going to be on the back foot and we did well to withstand heavy pressure at times. We did have chances to win but nothing clear cut so overall was pleased with the result.

League: No change from the end of September as we sit 18th, we did drop to 19th but with the win towards the end of the month we managed to crawl back up a place. I am still under a lot of pressure so will need to ensure we can build from these last two games.

Sorry to hear about your previous save. Good luck with your new adventure in Spain :thup:

Not looking like it's going too well at the moment, but you've picked up some pretty good results in your previous 2 games.

November 2011

13. Zamora 1-3 Real Unión (Segunda División B - Group 2)

We were back to our old selves, very poor and easy to beat. The games was won by half time as they had scored 3 and put us to bed. After a few changes we pulled one back and did threaten to get another but nothing came of it and we slumped to a defeat.

14. Bilbao Athletic 0-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Both teams had chances to score but neither could really make the most of it. The best chance fell to them in the last minute but the ball hit the post and went out for a goal kick. Still struggling to find any bit of form at the moment.

15. Zamora 0-2 Salamanca (Segunda División B - Group 2)

We deserved to lose as always. The frustrating bit is the opposition seem to score when they want and that is usually within the first 10 minutes. At which point our team lose all confidence and we go on to lose the game. Even when we don’t concede early on we still concede and can’t score. If only that would change.

16. Gimástica 2-0 Zamora (Segunda División B - Group 2)

A game that was very similar to my last, they scored early and we put up a fight to get back into the game but inevitably we failed and they went and killed the game off with a second not long before the end. Unfortunately we don’t seem to be able to buy a goal at all and it has taken a massive hit on our confidence.

League: I sit 19th in the league and joint on points with 18th and 20th. It’s not looking good as I feel I need to win my next game to keep my job but without scoring in 3 games it’s not looking likely. Even a team meeting actually dented confidence.

Still needing to fire up soon.

Pointing out the obvious, as always.

Sorry to hear about your previous save. Good luck with your new adventure in Spain :thup:

Not looking like it's going too well at the moment, but you've picked up some pretty good results in your previous 2 games.

Cheers roganp :thup:

Lay down the law HotChocolate!!! Need to see some goals coming from this team if you are to survive.

No matter how hard I try, they just don't understand English :rolleyes:

good luck. i thought this thread was going to be about Bobby.

Sorry to disappoint :cool:

December 2011

17. Zamora 0-2 Osasuna “B” (Segunda División B - Group 2)

Same score but at different times. They scored just before half time and just after we came out. This time though we weren’t even in the game, never threatened at all and they might as well cracked open a crate of San Miguel.

And so we were sat 19th won only 2 games in the season and the board had enough. I was sacked. Not quite sure what to do now, I’ll continue and apply for jobs see if anything pops up.

After being turned down by clubs in Segunda B division I decided that I was going to remove the Spanish leagues and add a lot of lower European leagues. I'd rather move country this time round.

So yes, the thread title will need a change but I already have one in mind :D

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be carrying on this thread.

I know it's petty but it was a one club save and seen as I've got sacked I just don't want to carry on with that record at the beginning of my career.

Question is what next then?

Archived