FM2011 - Quality of new generated players

I've played a few games past 2030 in FM2011, but my current game has had notably less brilliant generated players. In the past, especially with one game in England many new gen players were amazing, including the best player I've ever come across in FM, but this time nothing. There are still a few pretty decent world class players floating around (though not even anything half-decent from my own youth system), but nowhere near enough. This is making buying new players who are worthy of my team almost impossible.

Of course, because I have the richest team I can still buy the best players but it's not quite as exciting knowing I can't discover a new Messi or Ronaldo.

Does anyone know whether this is likely to continue? Or if the random generator will never come up with anything as good as the game began with for some reason?

I'm playing in Spain as Barcelona if that helps in 2039 or something.

On a side note: has anyone managed to get a bigger stadium than my new 160,000 capacity Nou Camp replacement?

Apologies if there is a more suitable forum for this Q.

Dr. Ramsfeld out

The problem is that I have been patient. Looking at my current squad now, I haven't signed what I'd consider a great outfield player for almost 8 years.

Some examples from the Player Search to confirm my problem:

There are no players in the world with Finishing of 20

There is only 1 player under 19 with Finishing above 16

The only player I've managed to get hold of is my 20 y/o wonderkid Goalkeeper who is already better than Victor Valdes, but he's the exception.

I'm really interested to see whether anyone else has had this problem as I'm loathe to give up a game I've put so much time into, but it's becoming less interesting with every boring season that goes by. I haven't promoted a youth team player into my first team for over 10 years, that's how dry the regens have been.

Archived