Premier League Play Off

In my game, Newcastle and Chelsea were tied on points, goal difference, goals scored, wins, draws and losses. After the last game, Chelsea were 4th and I assumed this was because they had the better Head-To-Head record. However, both teams played against each other in a play off a few days later (Newcastle winning and therefore finishing fourth).

I've never seen this before, but has anyone else?

Originally posted by damo_boro:

in real life or the game, i thought if every think is level it goes alphabetically

No, in real life it would be a playoff too. However, it would probably only happen when something is at stake, i.e. relegation, Europe or the title.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

lol, Imagine if the game was drawn, and it went to Penalties! A penalty shootout to decide whether they play in the champions league next season or not!

Better keep JT away from the spot then.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

No, in real life it would be a playoff too. However, it would probably only happen when something is at stake, i.e. relegation, Europe or the title.

Yeah, that was my understanding of it. In this case, something was at stake, a CL spot. Now, if Newcastle go on to win it next year....

Originally posted by andrespringett:

its wierd, i give you that i have never seen it, but what is more strange is that GILLINGHAM won the league.. any cheats in there? lol

Nah, it's called good management mate! icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

It is also 2016 and I've won the Prem the last 3 years (the 2 years before that I came 2nd). I had a lot of old, but still good, players moe to me on cheap deals, Campbell, Shevchenko, Zanetti, Gilberto Silva, Deco, Ronaldinho, Henry and Thuram to name a few and these helped me win back-to-back promotions from League 1 to Prem. After that It's been buying a few good players each year to replace the duffers.

Archived