How accurate is coach transfer habit AI? (Wenger @ Barca, buys cheap/young Frenchmen)

Title says it, any one any particular coaches accurately reflecting their real-life counterparts when it comes to the transfer market? Granted, I can't think of many major coaches transfer habits (i.e. how much they spend, what kind of players they prefer to buy, countries they prefer to poach from, etc), but I know one of which that really stands out...

I'm on my 2nd file (1st file was in Serie A, and there were no major coaches changes I noticed inside my own league - although I make a small effort to keep track of other major coaching changes around the continent. And as stated above, I'm not even sure of most Serie A coach's transfer habits) and I'm playing in La Liga. After 1 year, Pep leaves Barca to coach Spain (as it seems to be his destiny...) and Arsene Wenger takes over Barca. What has Barca done in Wenger's first year? Only bought 3 players, 2 of which are Frenchmen under 20 y/o and under $5m (but both high PA...even got Yaya Sanogo for free! 3rd player was a backup Spanish GK). If this is the case that Wegner's AI binds him to buy cheap Frenchmen, then it looks like Barca won't be a threat in a half decade or so...(unless he gets fired before then of course).

Granted, I know it's only his first year, but I still kind of got a little chuckle out of it...

Seeing Wenger targeting young players for the first team from all over the place is not a coincidence, it is just like the character traits that'd influence how AI managers handle pressure, man management, their tactical approach etc. a preference that is edited into the game. Some of this is subtle - you'll likely only ever see the many errors the AI makes based on the traits by taking a closer look, such as a manager storming out of a pk via heading straight to his conversation history screen or a manager upsetting his players by taking a closer look at his full squad status - whilst some of it ain't. Fergie always going straight into mind-game mode whenever you play him, f'r instance.

I wouldn't say it's not accurate it just doesn't seem to show as much as it could. I think there is definately room for it to be improved though.

For me I would like it to be noted more in the media, such as: "X manager is known to prefer buying for the future." or "X has always looked to sign technically gifted players."

To the OP: there is no such thing. Managers just make some decisions based on some traits (this is based on the results I'm seeing in my game). 8/10 times they are totally illogical (hence the atrocious transfer mentality and world class players warming benches) and 2/10 they are spot on.

Archived