Saga says my game is not an original? Blame Stream not the end User then!

I have legit purchased CM/FM every version since CM2, I would never ever consider buying a cracked version. Yet who are the ones being punished by SI?

It was a minor annoyance that I had to download a third party software host in order to play a game I spent £30 on, nevertheless I did indeed download Stream and purchased the game direct from then.

4 months later this morning I try to open the game and immediately a webpage comes up saying Saga has detected I am playing an original version!! And if I disagree I should contact Support?

WTF are you even thinking of doing this rubbish? I legally spent my money on YOUR game and then for absolutely no reason one Sunday morning you think you have every right to shut it down and refuse to allow me to play it until I await your rubbish support to decide that Stream hasnt sold me a hacked version?

Seriously I will be not be purchasing another one of your games.

How about reading what Matt is saying, Steam transmits an error message to Sega which generates the automatic message. If Valve were able to give a specific reason for the error (which they can't) there would be no need to send to message to Sega in the first place.

Impersonal messages get generated all the time in a great number of different businesses, government departments & in this case it's certainly not a major issue, if memory serves me correctly the message is something along the lines of 'Steam/Sega has detected you may not be using an authorised copy of the game' or words to that effect, it certainly does not fire you a message accusing you of being a dirty rotten pirate who is facing immediate criminal & civil legal action.

so its just laziness that you as a company think its easier just to tell people that are using an illegal copy of the game?

Even by Sega's standards of customer service that amazes me

you answered yourself.... steam is completely seperate from SI ... SI have no control over the error messages steam throw up...

its an issue with steam... not SI...

Have to side with MancTiger here. I was happily playing the 12.0 version because I could use Genie and old FMRTE. Then Steam pulled this stunt on me and I could only continue by verifying my cache which meant having to go online and being forced to update to a patch I didn't want. Now I can't use the in-game editor. I resent being cajoled by Steam's incompetence and am not sure if I'm motivated to continue my save - or indeed FM12 any more. I reluctantly accepted the need to activate via Steam to keep piracy at bay, but frankly, they take the p*55.

you answered yourself.... steam is completely seperate from SI ... SI have no control over the error messages steam throw up...

its an issue with steam... not SI...

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but isn't Steam incorporated into the game itself?

SI chose to ignore the lack of control over Steam's messages when they signed up with them. Any problems where Steam causes problems for players of FM12 are SI/SEGA's responsibility.

MancTiger jumped through the necessary hoops to get to play this game then suddenly finds it has been taken away and is insulted by SEGA into the bargain. Shameful.

There were no insults.

As explained this is a technical error that I've seen reported a handful of times since the game launched - with PC software, that does happen. I believe the issue has been fixed, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Matt

Archived