Bring back this menu from '05 for '13 (or 12!)

8Uljj.jpg

It was super useful. Now I'm forced to do it manually so slowly. I can move them to it easy enough, for the most part, but moving them back is almost one at a time and with about 80 players at my club, it gets old fast.

By bringing this back, or something like it, it would save a lot of time. Perhaps when you assign a schedule you could assign two. One regular one and one pre-season one (one for defenders, one for midfielders and one for attackers or whatever, could have as many or as few as you like). Just after where it says schedule on the players training tab put pre-season schedule. There's plenty of room there.

g0lPm.jpg

mwQkU.jpg

Where the red is, see? So much space.

If people don't want to use it they don't have to but I don't know why you wouldn't. The dates could be automated to logical ones that change for each league and dependant on tournaments or what not... or not. I suppose the reserves and that could stick to the usual ones and those on tournaments just, there wouldn't be that many... I guess... could make a special one for them I suppose, or skip it. Whatever, you guys can figure it out. I'm just the ideas guy. It moves stuff now for tournaments.... could just assign them to it for less time... if they'd even need it, might just need a rest...

Hell you could probably but this in a patch. Doesn't seem too complex. You're smart. Especially the rest after a match day.

Yeah that was excellent and to be honest, should probably still be there. Especially the pre-season control. If we have a poor campaign or end a season poorly, I'd like the option to be able to bring in the players a week or two early for pre-season. I'd also like the option to give them an extra week off without having to send them all on a holiday manually after they have returned.

Manually giving players a rest day is a pain if you have different training schedules, and in the lower leagues where you probably have a mixture of part-time, non-contract and youth players in the squad, meaning you can't just select all.

No one needs 80 players at their club. No one.

And...

Manually giving players a rest day is a pain if you have different training schedules

I don't see how? You just ctrl-click on players you want to rest. Right-click on one of them. Select rest and number of days from the drop-down menus. Done.

Yes I understand that. However you need to select different contract types separately. So for my BSS side, I have to shift/select all the part-timers, then shift/select all the non-contracts, then shift/select any youths in the first team squad, and if I have a full-timer on loan, do him separately too. Which is tedious given I basically rest after every match.

No one needs 80 players at their club. No one.

And...

I don't see how? You just ctrl-click on players you want to rest. Right-click on one of them. Select rest and number of days from the drop-down menus. Done.

a) I do. It's called managing a big club with lots of youngsters.

b) Yes, that is much easier than ticking one box in one menu once... ... ...

Yes I understand that. However you need to select different contract types separately. So for my BSS side, I have to shift/select all the part-timers, then shift/select all the non-contracts, then shift/select any youths in the first team squad, and if I have a full-timer on loan, do him separately too. Which is tedious given I basically rest after every match.

If you select 'All Schedules' from the filters, it will allow you to do this for every player in your team at the same time

Dont know if you knew this

Why so randomly aggressive?

Didn't mean it to be aggressive; I should have put a smiley. But if you have 80 players at any club, under any circumstances, at least 20 are not getting the match experience they need to develop. If you're not superb at squad rotation, that number probably rises above 30. There was a great SFraser post once explaining why you really only need ~23 first team players, ~23 youths, and a handful of reserve players who are probably out on loan, and if you have more you're paying good money to neglect the rest.

Why so randomly aggressive?

Happens all the time on here. Someone starts a thread that is not a whinge and is putting forth a relevant point/question, and there's always the odd few that just try and shoot it down or be needlessly sarcastic/argumentative.

Depends what level. I find rest days are vital in the lower leagues where the players are only training part-time, so aren't used to the fixture congestion that can come with cup runs etc.

Yes this is true though - I rarely bother with non-professional clubs so it is quite likely a necessity down there. High workloads with poor facilities may also be risky. It has been fine with Andorra, though, hardly a state-of-the-art club but professional still.

If you select 'All Schedules' from the filters, it will allow you to do this for every player in your team at the same time

Dont know if you knew this

Still have to assign each player his regular season schedule at the start of the season though, that's the tedious part. Even creative use of filters allowing me to do a couple at a time is time-consuming as all hell. Also that's only assuming you're using one pre-season schedule. I'd like to have about 6 for various positions and age groups.

Also, regarding the having loads of players. Whatever. That's how many United have. Go to thier reserves and thier U18s. They have, or at least they did on my game, about 20 in reserves, 20odd in the U18s and then my first team of about 20, then I got a buttload of academy kids and bought a couple super good prospects. I was going to cut a lot of the youth at the end of the season but at the writing of the topic I had about 80 people at my club.

Usually my Reserves is down to the barebones and the youth level is only 2*+ prospects. This save I was only warming up for when I really start playing when the Jan transfer patch comes out in about 28 thousand months.

Archived