Is pace the most important attribute overall in the game ?

Hi

Just getting to grips with FM08 after playing it for a about 4 months,after finally seeming to get some sort of grip of how the game works I have come to the conclusion that although you need a high quality of player in most stats to compete in the premier league for example,the thing which will take you from top 8 into the top 4 is high quality players but with pace of at least 15 +.I may be talking about something obvious,but I think it is actually what determines a lot of your success in FM.A bit like Arsenal !.I finished 2 seasons in 8th in the EPL 3rd season I decided to buy players with all 15 + pace and over all good stats,I managed to get my top 4 spot,the previous seasons had pretty good players with 15 + in most other attributes but the stats in pace where about 10-15,Even having a keep with 15 + is vital IMO.Maybe I'm going over old ground,but just wondered if this is anyone else's experience of the game.

Hi

Just getting to grips with FM08 after playing it for a about 4 months,after finally seeming to get some sort of grip of how the game works I have come to the conclusion that although you need a high quality of player in most stats to compete in the premier league for example,the thing which will take you from top 8 into the top 4 is high quality players but with pace of at least 15 +.I may be talking about something obvious,but I think it is actually what determines a lot of your success in FM.A bit like Arsenal !.I finished 2 seasons in 8th in the EPL 3rd season I decided to buy players with all 15 + pace and over all good stats,I managed to get my top 4 spot,the previous seasons had pretty good players with 15 + in most other attributes but the stats in pace where about 10-15,Even having a keep with 15 + is vital IMO.Maybe I'm going over old ground,but just wondered if this is anyone else's experience of the game.

In my experience it depends a lot on your style of play. Most english teams like to have a lot of pacey players except when the pace is compensated for by exceptional power in the air or work rate. However, Dutch teams put more importance on creativity, French more on flair, German teams like a lot of stamina while Spanish teams can't do without technique. Be assured that pace is one of the more useful attributes in the game, still it's not the only one and whenever you are faced against a foreign team that somehow lacks pace but has reached the final of the champions league you might not want to underestimate them! icon_wink.gif

pace has always been the difference between good and great players in computer games. it is more apparent in football games like fifa/pes as a quick player destroys everyone.

although its not as apparent in FM and other games where you dont control the players it still plays a major role.

this is causing me a big dilema in football superstars (a big online game like fifa/pes) i want to play as a striker who likes the ball to feet and just seems to score without doing much work, kinda kris boyd esque, but i know pace will be such a huge factor in the game.

Archived