OFC National Teams

Yeah well, I was thinking of doing this since I saw Solomon Islands playing the 2009 Confederations Cup in my first save in FM09. What I'm talking about is starting a save as a manager of a National Team of the Australia Continent. I know that with Australia itself out to the Asian side, New Zeland stayed as the new ruler of the OFC, so I want to try my luck with another team, just that I don't know which one.

So, I preety much can manage any of them with 3 exceptions that the game won't allow me (Kiribati, Tuvalu and I think it was Wallis & Futuna). So, which team do you think I should try (Save New Zeland) and which leagues I should add to that save?

I followed your suggestion and selected PNG. The team was full of players on a free agent and a few at amateur clubs. I managed to find 7 players in semi-profesional clubs from which only 4 were valued (One of the semi-professional clubs is from PNG itself but it has only two local players, several from Solomon Islands and the rest are all greyed-out players).

About leagues, I selected a few from Europe, Brazil only view (I have hope someday I'll be able to nationalize one XD) and a lot of leagues that are near the country (Australia, Singapur, Malasia and Indonesia being the closest one).

The first match will be a friendly match against Tuvalu the 10-8-2011, and a little later that month, the Pacific Games will start, although I didn't check which teams are in my group :p

Ok, I'll update now: I played 2 friendlies previous to the Pacific Games: First match was against Tuvalu at home. The match itself was more difficult than I expected, but I managed to start winning 2-0, but then the team started to lower their guard and in the 2nd half they scored the final 2-1. Luckily, they had bad luck after their first goal.

The next match was against Tahití at home too, this match started easy for my team as they scored 2 goals in two minutes. Then they scored a penalty and not so later my team scored the 3rd goal. Then the 2nd half I still dominated but no luck at scoring and that allowed Tahití to score 2 goals and end the match 3-3.

Ok, I have to say that defenses and GKs in general suck hard in this continent (Save New Zeland of course) that makes the offensive in general easier

Archived