Relation between PA and attributes???

Hey guys,

Just got my first batch of regens.

2 people were rated 4 star by my coaches.

One with decent attributes and the other with mediocre ones.

Just out of curiosity, I ran a check on FMRTE.

The 1 with slightly poorer attributes an RB had 199 PA.

The other one reported as 1 of the best generations had 155 PA. (he was an ST)

I wouldnt say his attributes are great.

Besides there 4-5 players with PA greater than him.

I know that attributes, mental physical technical etc influence the overall player quality but how much do they really do???

A fine balance of both is good but what happens if 1 is drastically lower than the other??

Which is most important.

Some one please enlighten me.

It's not that easy...

1) PA alone is NOT the be all end all factor to determine whether a player will be a world beater. Your RB with PA199 might as well turn out to be an average player anyway if his starting attributes, as you say, are not that great.

2) Mental attributes are the key. A player with low Consistency, Ambition, Workrate, Pressure and Determination is pretty much a liability regardless of his superhuman technical and physical skills.

Especially newgens suffer from a pathological lack of "intestinal fortitude", so the vast majority of them will be impossible to develop into superstars because of their weaknesses.

3) Tutoring isn't a miraculous cure (and it's also random), a player with Balotelli-esque character can't be tutored til he becomes Javier Zanetti...

Bottom line:

Mental attributes (both visible and hidden) are the most important ones, or at least the ones able to determine how much faith you should put into a player's development.

An average player with amazing work ethic is surely more reliable and useful than an incredibly gifted player who'll play just a handful of matches per year to the best of his ability because he's too lazy and inconsistent.

Not to mention the Morale issue so important in 12.1...

Archived