Sponsorship money

I have taken Aldershot to the Prem - we have now won the Prem 6 times in a row, Champs League 5 times in a row and countless other trophies, we're now the highest rated club in the world.

When my sponsorship deals are renewed, they are a pittance compared to the status of the club. I'm getting just over £6m a year.

I know it can be argued that Aldershot will never have the same pedigree as Man U etc, but surely sponsorship deals should be measured by current success?

Then Sponsorship needs a rethink, because a team has that has won the Champ League 5 times in a row is a sponsor's wet dream, pedigree or not. Look at the way FA cup minnows who draw Utd are suddenly sponsored by a big company. Sponsorship more than anything is about what a team is doing right now.

I remember having an aldershot save on fm 11, i also never seemed to be able to get anywhere near the sponsorship levels of other clubs, even when in the prem i was barely making the same as an average championship club.

• 1 month later...

Ya. The sponsorship system is annoying.

I'm in my third season in the prem with corby having achieved two 13th place finishes and I'm getting a total of 500k per year from all my sponsorship deals.At the end of my first season in the prem we signed a new main sponsorship deal worth a measly 400k per year. We just signed a 50k per annum deal with a local business. completely ridiculous. 50k is nothing at that level.

Well if someone like Wigan won the premiership a few seasons in a row, and of cause competed well in Europe etc..

Do you think there sponsorship would be same as Man United's?

I doubt it.

If they won it a few times in a row, no definitely not.

But what if they won the Prem, Champs league and every other trophy more times than Utd ever did over a period of 30 years and had the highest club rating in the world?

Not a justification, I agree it should be improved, but I think it has something to do with the stature of the city the club is based in.

If you're a Manchester, Liverpool or London based club your sponsorship can increase rapidly because of the wealth of the city. But if your based in a smaller town or city, this will slow down the rate of growth?

Not a justification, I agree it should be improved, but I think it has something to do with the stature of the city the club is based in. ?

Possibly. Just had a look with FMRTE, Aldershot have a Reputation of 10,000, Man City (who don't win much but get the most sponsorship money)are only 8,904, so it isn't just the reputation rating, there must be some other hidden factors that work out the amounts.

Possibly (but I'm speculating here) the board's abilities might be a factor, if not in the number of deals, certainly in the amount they bring in. I've seen Swiss Ramble reference the superb commercial abilities of Man Utd, as well as many German clubs, so it feels reasonable that SI would factor that into the system.

Is there potentially also an impact dependant on whether you have feeder clubs with commercial benefits. I can imagine irl a club like Man Utd will get much more sponsorship because they have commercial links with clubs in the Far East and US?

Finished 11th in the premier league with corby and got to the Carling cup final. Just signed a new 2 year main sponsorship deal worth 450k per year. Up from 390k.

What a joke.

No, not at all.

One season, it should not go up that much, it went up 60k, not that bad.

Finished 11th in the premier league with corby and got to the Carling cup final. Just signed a new 2 year main sponsorship deal worth 450k per year. Up from 390k.

What a joke.

You have to be consistent, that's why the board choose a short term 2 year deal for you.

No, not at all.

One season, it should not go up that much, it went up 60k, not that bad.

I mentioned earlier that was my third season in the premier league where the average sponsorship is €11m per year. And 60k in the premier league? "Not that bad"? That's pittance.

Also i would call 13th, 13th, 11th in my 3 seasons fairly "consistent".

Sponsorship money raises fine if you're successful once you negotiate new deals. It's just the time inbetween new deals that are hard to deal with if you grow too fast.

No it does not!!! I have a world class rep and my £250k deal rose to £270k. THAT IS NOT FINE!!!

I've won 6 league titles, 3 champs leagues, 2 club world champs, 3 league cups and 2 FA cups in 7 years and we get £4.7mil per year in sponsorships. THAT IS NOT FINE!!!

If Non football costs and other costs can rise so quickly with your clubs rep then why doesn't sponsorship?

Sort it out SI, as with the current financial model long term saves with a small club that become big are pointless as you can only grow so much.

Hi

I play an online game in a clan, The Underdogs, we have our thread in the FM Online section.

It annoys me that the sponsorship side is pretty weak, as there is always a mad scramble to get one of the top 5 due to the fact there is so much money involved where as if you stay with the same club all the way from league 2 you kind of get penalised as you cant generate good sponsorship

Archived