why get fm to cheat?

people wanting the best players dont get me wrong i have looked at a list of players, but i cant buy them if i wanted because everton have no money, formation i try and do what one i want i dont wanna know the best or what to do to get the best with someone tellin me i wanna find that out myself, tactics etc etc whats the point in it ?

LOL, this a joke??

It is not cheating..

Like in real life, managers always look for the best players for their team, sometimes they use scouts or recommendations etc, like in FM, RECOMMENDATIONS!!!

As far as tactic goes, well, every manager uses his own tactic but when viewing other clubs matches etc you can see theirs, and even steal idea's!!

Is this cheating in real life? NO.. it is cheap but not cheating.

The whole idea of buying a game is get enjoyment out of it. If anybody gets that from using the editors or other utilities, then that is their decision and no-one has the right to say that it is correct or wrong. You play it the way you want and let others play it the way they want.

everton have no money in real life.

you can get some good players. i got blackpool in premier league with darren gibson, tymoschuk, seedorf, scott sinclair all on less then 32k a week all bar scott sinclairs were frees.

try loans, then look for newgens to develop or cheap players.

try getting yaya sanogo or wilfried.

The whole idea of buying a game is get enjoyment out of it. If anybody gets that from using the editors or other utilities, then that is their decision and no-one has the right to say that it is correct or wrong. You play it the way you want and let others play it the way they want.

Well Said..

Everyone plays games for enjoyment, and how they get that enjoyment is their choice, and you have no real right to question it.

everton have no money in real life.

you can get some good players. i got blackpool in premier league with darren gibson, tymoschuk, seedorf, scott sinclair all on less then 32k a week all bar scott sinclairs were frees.

try loans, then look for newgens to develop or cheap players.

try getting yaya sanogo or wilfried.

city got sanogo will look at wilfried, and i do know everton have no money in real life also you have to scout good players and see if they are worth buying real life they arnt just handed to them are they, and am not questionin anythin just sayin whats the point in cheatin

there a plenty of bargain quality players around. i would step away from your main places in europe as they overcharge.

vujadin savic is another player you can get for a couple of million.. if you are patient and load up russian leagues (he is on loan for a season so you have to wait anyway)

the best bet with everton is to keep finishing mid table and getting money in. keep hold of your best players you are halfway there.

I use editors and therefore "cheat" - have done for last 4 or 5 years and continue to do so because it's how I enjoy the game. However, I set my own rules and challenges; I don't simply buy Messi for a tenner or whatever. I use the editor to create a part-time non-league club with exceptional youth and training facilities. In my backstory my wife (the Chairperson) and I have a vision - we create this club with the intention of nurturing youth and rising through the leagues together. Again, using the editor I put into the squad 15-16 year olds with low CA and high PA. It's not that easy a challenge - many of the kids will stagnate, others will be poached. We run into financial crises. Until FM12 I'd never got beyond the Blue Square Premier; this year thanks to not starting again with new patches and having more gametime, I've just secured promotion to League One. Might have hit a ceiling here - already been turned over by Leicester in the cup. I never come on this forum and boast about my achievements, pretending I'm on a level playing field with folks who don't 'cheat', but the backstory and customisation gives me an extra incentive to keep going in my saves - it's worked for me for years and I have no desire to change.

If anybody gets [entertainment] from using the editors or other utilities, then that is their decision and no-one has the right to say that it is correct or wrong.

Fraz, I suspect you don't quite mean this but, as stated, this is simply wrong. People other than the game's purchaser absolutely have the right to offer an opinion on (to SAY) how the owner should (or, more likely, should not) play the game. For his part, the owner is equally entitled to tell us meddling busybodies to get stuffed. But if I think he's being foolish or self-defeating in the way he plays the game, I certainly have the right to say so. The reason I've jumped on this is that there is a philosophical sentiment prevalent on the forum ("It's your game, play it as you want") that, in its non-judgmental obliviousness, leaves off an important conclusion ("...But if you cheat simply to win, you're only cheating yourself and maybe you oughtta man up and show a little discipline"). In so doing, the sentiment conveys a tolerance for what I consider an immature self-centeredness. We see it often in the breathless, exclamation-point-laden gripes that the game is broken because the one-hundred-and-seventeen game win streak has come to an end.

/Pompous rant.

Fire when ready.

It's also marginally amusing that you think I do not have the right to offer an opinion on how to play the game.

Go play the game as you like, cheat your socks off if you wish and I'll offer opinions on why it's foolish. If you cheat (or even play the game like Call of Duty -- as a problem to be solved with a magic formula that ensures sixty consecutive wins) -- I think you're missing out on the best that FM has to offer.

It's also marginally amusing that you think I do not have the right to offer an opinion on how to play the game.

Go play the game as you like, cheat your socks off if you wish and I'll offer opinions on why it's foolish.

I don't cheat, so it is no big deal.

But still, this matter does not affect you at all, has nothing to do with you or anyone else. So why bother wasting your time making a deal out of it..

You smell of nothing more than an attention seeking troll..

I don't have a problem with people cheating or using known exploits, so long as they don't then turn around and grumble that the game's too easy :) FM's first and foremost a simulation but some use it as a sandbox, it works well in that respect so why not let everyone have their fun the way they want to?

As for me, I haven't even fired up FMRTE in two years. I play LLM style and love it.

I use editors and therefore "cheat" - have done for last 4 or 5 years and continue to do so because it's how I enjoy the game. However, I set my own rules and challenges; I don't simply buy Messi for a tenner or whatever. I use the editor to create a part-time non-league club with exceptional youth and training facilities. In my backstory my wife (the Chairperson) and I have a vision - we create this club with the intention of nurturing youth and rising through the leagues together. Again, using the editor I put into the squad 15-16 year olds with low CA and high PA. It's not that easy a challenge - many of the kids will stagnate, others will be poached. We run into financial crises. Until FM12 I'd never got beyond the Blue Square Premier; this year thanks to not starting again with new patches and having more gametime, I've just secured promotion to League One. Might have hit a ceiling here - already been turned over by Leicester in the cup. I never come on this forum and boast about my achievements, pretending I'm on a level playing field with folks who don't 'cheat', but the backstory and customisation gives me an extra incentive to keep going in my saves - it's worked for me for years and I have no desire to change.

:) I do something similar,did start a save last Sunday without any outside editors,started as unemployed,,did 3 games all day,most of the time i was looking for an Ass-manager,i was playing as Bath City,waisted day really,never found one that wanted to come to my club so deleted the save lol,,its a time factor,,,will wait for last update the do my own thing,dont use SuperMessi players either lol

Why does anyone really care how other's play a game? I think going out and buying Neymar, Pastore and Willian(or whoever) over 48mth installments seems quite boring and I don't do it(I prefer more realistic transfers), but I don't give a monkey's whether someone else does it. Editor's are great, and I use them all the time. I use the game editor to fix future transfers therefore making sure teams buy some quality players(within reason, quite realistic), and I use FMRTE whenever i see what i deem to be unrealistic 'manoeuvres', be that manager exchanges or teams in terrible postions(like Arsenal in the relegation zone). It takes out alot of chance and spontaneity from the game but it's how I like to play. I fuggin love whoever created FMRTE :D

As for training, I use other people's schedules, usually basic ones, because I have zero interest in creating my own. And with tactics, I never use someone else's but I do check the forum quite alot to get explanations on things which I don't understand. but why bother wasting energy on what other people are doing? The strength of this game is that you really can play it how you want.

Well Said..

Everyone plays games for enjoyment, and how they get that enjoyment is their choice, and you have no real right to question it.

and by the same taken everyone is allowed to give an opinion without people questioning it :D

The only time I cheated was to introduce my alter ego as a 15 year footballer. I like seeing where they end up in each save. Currently he's at Udinese, enjoying a good spell.

But I never buy him. If he's at a club when I am approached, that's fair game.

I made him briiliant lol. Starting off at 15 on a free. Signed by Hearts, he's 21 now at Udinese.

That's how I get my fun.

Was another time I used FM Genie to peak at my Arsenal game, but I'd won the league 10 years in a row, champions league and all cups too. I had finished with that game and wasn't going to play it on anyway.

I had about 12 of the best players in the world, and I found them all with Scouts and hours of scouting.

Well if you dont spend time you cheat as much as you can. its not an online game were you have to be really prepared for your management. fml players were prepared:)

I don't cheat, but people spent their money on this game so they can play it however they want. If they want Fabregas at Blackpool then let them, who cares? Sure you can say "It takes the fun out of the game" but some people may have different opinions on "fun" people have a right to do what they want, I don't see why everyone seems bothered. If they don't want the "full experience" of fm then fine! don't force it on them!

I don't see why everyone seems bothered

Its always a good way to instigate a heated debate, along with steam and patches. Having been on this forum for a long time and editing data for a long time I have seen a thread like this MANY times now and the debate is always the same.

Let people play it how they want, the editor is just part of the game and everyone has their definition of fun.

People are different and enjoy different things.

Some people want to take over a massive club and buy all the best players and put together a super team, others want to develop young talent, others want to take over a tiny club and build it up.

Clearly some people do enjoy playing in a way others would call cheating or things like FMRTE or Genie Scout wouldn't exist. I tried using Genie Scout and it absolutely ruined the game for me and I wouldn't use it now, but if others find it enhances their game that's up to them. And the one I find inexplicable is downloading tactics - for me the point of the game is designing tactics so if you're using ready-made tactics what's the point, but people do it, and enjoy playing that way, so good luck to them. I'm not so interested in balancing the books, so building up a club doesn't appeal to me, whereas for some people that's the part they most enjoy.

Some people find discovering new players the best bit: I tend to get bored when real players disappear and stop that game. Some people only want to manage the club they support in real life.

I think it helps to think of it as a toy rather than a game. In a game there are rules and a set way to win or lose. With a toy you use it to enjoy yourself as you think fit.

Archived