Steam help required.

Hi guys, how are you all ?

I understand that there are many threads and posts and whatnot that offer me countless answers to every STEAM related problem however I felt it necessary to start a new thread as I don't feel my particular problem has been addressed before. Unfortunately, the time I have for my beloved Football Manager isn't quite what it used to be so when I get an unprecedented day off you can guess what the first thought on my mind is? So my problem started about a month ago, I simply clicked to run FM12 when a message popped up to tell me that it was not available at that time and I should try again later. So I did. Again and again and again. I even started nipping on before and after work purely just to see if it would work, it didn't. I had a good search here and on Steam a good few days later and after trying literally every method I found nothing worked, there was only one left, to uninstall and reinstall the game which was such a shocking burden as my internet is difficultly slow. So two days later it was finally reinstalled and all was good again.

And on the second day... well the next time I had some spare time, the exact same thing happened again... And the third time.

And now the fourth, I'm proud of my high patience levels, I've never even bothered with the whole 'Steams worse than Hitler' bandwagon, but i'm seriously considering filling out a wee application form. Unless ofcourse any of you have come up against this pesky problem and found a way around it? Let me put this into perspective for anyone who's thinking ugggghhh not another of these moany faced posts. I paid £28.79 for this game and everytime I want to play it, I need to give my laptop two days notice so it can be uninstalled and reinstalled.

I am most certainly a sad panda :(

Thank you for bothering to read my post and hopefully you guys can help, I'm off for a cheese string :)

The unavailable message usually means there's an uncompleted update, make sure Steam is up to date then try verifying the game cache integrity. (that's not too hard on your net connection which could be the root cause if it's very poor)

Archived