Leaving on a free transfer...

I see this a new feature on FM12, where the players has a little 'frt' bubble next to their name, and 'leaving on a free transfer' on the player information screen.

But once a player has decided he's leaving on a free transfer, is that it? Is there no way they will ever negotiate a new contract, or can they be persuaded back with the right treatment etc?

Reason I'm asking, is Berbatov has decided he's leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season.

He was unhappy about the lack of first team football, I want to keep him though, so I told him I'll give him first team football, but I want him to work hard to stay there. He said 'ok, I hope you keep your promise'.

I've played him non stop since, and on his information screen, it now says 'considering leaving the club'

But whenever I try and offer him a new contract, it says

'my client is not interesting in opening contract negotiations with your club. He will be leaving upon the expiry of his contract'

So I'd like to know, because if it's totally non reversible once they have decided they are leaving on a free.. I'm not going to bother playing him in the remaining few games.

And for future use, if any more players get the 'frt', I'm not going to waste time playing them, if they never change their mind.

95KVL.jpg

Its not new, its been in FM a while just doesn't happen very often.

Personally had a couple of players decide to leave in previous versions and didn't find a way to change their minds.

Pretty sure I've never seen it on FM11 or FM10.

If you load FM11 up, I'm sure you won't find one player with a 'frt' next to their name right at the start of the game.

Load FM12 up, look at Almunia at Arsenal or Joe Murphy at Peterborough, they have 'frt' next to their name, and ;leaving on a free transfer; on their info screen, right from the first day of the game.

A few other players have it too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Well I'm playing FM11 now and I've seen it a few times. Just reached 1st July so can't give you a screenshot but there were a couple of players I noticed before the contracts ended.

Had it myself on FM10 when managing in Sweden, a player from Finland was homesick and chose to leave on a free.

Ah ok, maybe it was. :thup:

I know players decide to leave on a free on FM11, but I've never seen it from the start of the game untill FM12. (like it's been added with the pre-game editor)

And thanks for the information about not being able to get them to change their minds.

Stuck him straight into the reserves, gutted because I wanted to keep him. But I may aswell give Welbeck games instead, try and get him to improve.

I see this a new feature on FM12, where the players has a little 'frt' bubble next to their name, and 'leaving on a free transfer' on the player information screen.

But once a player has decided he's leaving on a free transfer, is that it? Is there no way they will ever negotiate a new contract, or can they be persuaded back with the right treatment etc?

Reason I'm asking, is Berbatov has decided he's leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season.

He was unhappy about the lack of first team football, I want to keep him though, so I told him I'll give him first team football, but I want him to work hard to stay there. He said 'ok, I hope you keep your promise'.

I've played him non stop since, and on his information screen, it now says 'considering leaving the club'

But whenever I try and offer him a new contract, it says

'my client is not interesting in opening contract negotiations with your club. He will be leaving upon the expiry of his contract'

So I'd like to know, because if it's totally non reversible once they have decided they are leaving on a free.. I'm not going to bother playing him in the remaining few games.

And for future use, if any more players get the 'frt', I'm not going to waste time playing them, if they never change their mind.

95KVL.jpg

Why do you want Berbatov?!???

Ah ok, maybe it was. :thup:

I know players decide to leave on a free on FM11, but I've never seen it from the start of the game untill FM12. (like it's been added with the pre-game editor)

TBF I've never seen it right at the start of a save either, its always been a few seasons in when it starts to appear.

Archived