16 year old youngster

Stick him on your bench, depending on his position would depend on when to bring him on. First of all, I'd only play him in games that are home and dry, i.e. 3-0 up at half-time. Now, if the player is a defender, I'd only give him 20-30 minutes, if he was a midfielder, about 30-40, and if he was a striker, a full half. If you can bring him on during games that are easily won, it would ease the pressure on him when he plays and it's always easier to come into a game where your side is dominating, as everybody else is playing well, so it should rub off on him.

When you're good enough, you're old enough. That always is my motto.

I have an amazing 17 year old winger who already made some extremely important contributions in his short career.

With an already better winger of an older age before him in the picking order I try not to put too much pressure on the kid. But he starts enough games for my ajax side, just the other day in the CL versus Barcelona.

So yes, let him play. He can only get better. Or injured, lol

10-15 games a year as a 16 year old, against cup opposition and weaker teams, but only if they're really good and you want to fast track them. Tutor them during this period as well.

Then at 17 or 18, you'll need to loan them out so they can play an entire season of first team action.

Once they come back at 19 years old, they should be ready to challenge for a spot in your first team.

Archived