Too young to fall in...world beater

I splashed some cash for a very promising looking youngster:

albertosantosoverviewat.png

albertosantosoverviewin.png

His key attributes for amc are already ok. He's determined model professional. For me it looks like he might be a world class amc some day. I am not even worried about his physical stats. I got plenty of time to develop them and I'll make own training schedules for him. My only problem is that he's only 14 and I am afraid I might spoil his career with wrong approach. I am used to work with older players and I usually buy players when they are 16 or 17.

What's the best way to develop him? Obviously I can't just let him sit in u-18 squad but he's not ready for a first team football either yet because of his age. Please share your story how did you turned your 14-years old player into a world class? Or how did you failed with him?

Personally I would...

Year 1. Tutor him with a world class AMC, and get him settled into a training routine. Keep him in the first team squad and make him available for all the reserve games.

Year 2. Tutor again, maybe with a different player (a winger or striker), see how his attributes have improved and tweak his training to focus on his slower development areas. Keep him in the first team squad and make him available for all reserve games.

Year 3. Same as Year 2, but start introducing him to 10-20 minute cameo roles when you've got games in the bag, maybe a couple of short term loan deals.

By then he will be 18 and either ready to set the world on fire in your first team, or if not, a longer term loan to get him playing. He looks good, the only Technical attribute I would keep an eye on is his finishing. Depends on how you eventually want to play him, but I always like to have an AMC who can finish well, they're usually quite rare at world class level.

Thanks for your opinion Macca72. So you think that match experience on reserves are better than in U-18 squad even at young age? At least he would be able to train with first-team squad then. But then again if he's playing on reserves he might as well take few minutes in first team as well.

Yeah I'm still considering if it's worth to boost up his finishing attribute. He could be great Trequartista and then finishing would be needed...

Considering his personality i would be very careful about tutoring him as you may harm him and make him less likely to reach his potential.

Personally i would give him u-18 and reserve games and when he reaches 16 maybe think about giving him some sub appearances if his physical attributes have developed which they should at man u with their training facilities.

Amazing looking player. But 16,000,000 for a 14-year old, wow. I haven't spent that much in a season in either of the last two FMs :D

I do quite often, by the time there 22-23 they are worth 30,000,000+, so worth it if your scouts get the report right..

He might be a good player but I fear his lack of physical abilities will not allow him to make a great career.

He is 14, lol.

Will need 3-4 years in order to judge that properly.. I have had players similar and have managed to get them where I need them to be as far as attributes go.

Unfortunately I have no one to tutor him. Giggs was only possibility but he got injured for 6 months at the end of last season and retired. Modric is great but his determination is only 15. And yeah I know that 16 million is lot of money but like @eastley said he will be worth over 30 million if everything goes right. It's the risk you need to take :)

Alternate way round it. Tutor him with Modric, then give him some first team action before he's ready, and if/when he rates below 6.5, warn him for poor performance. It gives you a chance of raising Determination and/or Workrate by one each time you warn him. Given his workrate is 12 right now, it might be worth a shot.

Alternate way round it. Tutor him with Modric, then give him some first team action before he's ready, and if/when he rates below 6.5, warn him for poor performance. It gives you a chance of raising Determination and/or Workrate by one each time you warn him. Given his workrate is 12 right now, it might be worth a shot.

This is good, but don't tutor him with Modric, unless Modric also has a model professional personality (can't remember). In terms of training, put his specific training focus on heavy for stamina, which will be the physical attribute he needs to increase first to be able to perform in first team matches (if he's tired he won't play well and won't improve).

vurogj's method of increasing determination means you can begin playing him in a few easy matches without allowing him to get too tired at first, after which you warn/fine him if he underperforms and profit if he does well.

His low low Natural Fitness is a huge sword of Damocles hanging over the kid's head...

AVOID tutoring, as his visible mental attributes are great already. Train him in the physical side of the game while keeping it balanced in the other areas.

Hmm that's new to me. I didn't know that determination and workrate might increase if player is warned about bad performance and he agrees. But then again I don't know what would I actually achieve by tutoring. His determination and personality are fine. I don't want to change them (unless I find player with similar personality but better determination). PPMs can be added via training. His hidden attributes are little bit question mark but I don't want to spoil surprise and use fmrte either.

Unfortunately I have no one to tutor him. Giggs was only possibility but he got injured for 6 months at the end of last season and retired. Modric is great but his determination is only 15. And yeah I know that 16 million is lot of money but like @eastley said he will be worth over 30 million if everything goes right. It's the risk you need to take :)

Tom Cleverley . Has Determination of 18 and in my game he's an excellent tutor to the young kids . he must be 23 in your game now i think . Just wait for a year let the kid develop on his own for a year (Cleverley as well) & let Cleverley Tutor him .

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I managed to end my first season. So far so good:

albertosantosoverviewat.png

I gave him lot of opportunities on first team and on reserves. I also gave him individual training on agility. He even scored once on Premiere league match! I love this kid already! I still little bit worried about his natural fitness. I don't know how it will affect on a long run...

His natural fitness of 5 is indeed a bit worrying, you'll probably have to sub him a lot of times during his career and not play him on consecutive games with just a few days of rest between them, unless you are planning giving him a trequartista role where he doesn't have to do a lot of closing down.

That's a good improvement from the individual focus, what i usually do is to keep the focus on the worst attribute that is still important to the position, now that you got his agility to 12 i would use it to get the stamina to 12,the pace to 12 and then focus again on agility and just keep switching to the worst attribute.

I was thinking to train/play him as Trequartista so I dunno really how much other physical attributes he needs. Agility is still his worst attribute important for Trequartista so I guess 1 or 2 extra notches would be cool.

Archived