Ravel Morrison

I am sure a lot of people know about Ravel Morrison's contractual situation with Manchester United. He is built up as their best prospect out of the academy since Paul Scholes. He is out of contract this summer and many teams are interested in him. In the game however his contract runs out 2013 for some reason :confused: Anyone know why this is?

The researching is defo poor for this player. @Alan although he has not featured much for first team many people connected with United and football knew who this lad was because of his antics and trouble off the pitch, and he was a star in the youth cup. Researchers of Manu should of clearly got his right.

Whats worse is i have never seen him get even remotely decent on the game, whatever his PA is it's far too low.

His PA isnt low. He doesnt reach his potential in the game because of his terrible attitude. Possibly because his CA is too low also but definately not his PA.

@Reggae, How far are you into the game? Has he signed a new contract?

The researching is defo poor for this player. @Alan although he has not featured much for first team many people connected with United and football knew who this lad was because of his antics and trouble off the pitch, and he was a star in the youth cup. Researchers of Manu should of clearly got his right.

You can only rate what you see - you can't go giving out prospective -9 -10 ratings without proper and valid justification. So whilst Morrison might be decent in the Youth Team he has yet to justify 'the researching is defo poor' and 'Researchers of Manu should of clearly got his right'.

The website of the agent Ravel used to be with said his contract was up in 2013, he recently changed to this new guy who is causing a bit of trouble and driving for a silly deal with the contract. That website is where the information was probably from.

Anyway, where do you expect the researchers to get information from about contract lengths of youth players? Just ring the club and ask for a full break down including wages and bonuses? Bit of a joke calling it bad research when the information is not readily available.

Contracts are very poor from SI in this game, most players whose contracts run out in 6 months in real life, don't run out on the game.

Such as?

Please post the players, the FM expiry date and their real life expiry date. Thanks. Oh and your source so that us idiotic researchers can endeavour to get our stats as thorough as you'd like.

Cheers

His PA isnt low. He doesnt reach his potential in the game because of his terrible attitude. Possibly because his CA is too low also but definately not his PA.

@Reggae, How far are you into the game? Has he signed a new contract?

No mate, this is on the first day, automatically set when you start off with a club. BTW agree with you about the PA. He is very good technically and very fast but his attitude reflected irl reduces this

You can only rate what you see - you can't go giving out prospective -9 -10 ratings without proper and valid justification. So whilst Morrison might be decent in the Youth Team he has yet to justify 'the researching is defo poor' and 'Researchers of Manu should of clearly got his right'.

I am not talking about his football abilities, but being a researcher you should get one of the best talents contract situaition accurately, this has been ranted on about since last year, I never once mentioned his PA, because I feel that is accurately measured.

Despite being a promising youngster, his attitude is terrible. He is a criminal and a disgrace of a human being. He needs a major attitude adjustment and improvement in character if he wants to make it at Manchester United - sadly, I don't think he will.

The website of the agent Ravel used to be with said his contract was up in 2013, he recently changed to this new guy who is causing a bit of trouble and driving for a silly deal with the contract. That website is where the information was probably from.

Anyway, where do you expect the researchers to get information from about contract lengths of youth players? Just ring the club and ask for a full break down including wages and bonuses? Bit of a joke calling it bad research when the information is not readily available.

Mate, it is available from amny official sources, you could look at all reserve teams of premier league in FM and their players contracts are well accurate.

Despite being a promising youngster, his attitude is terrible. He is a criminal and a disgrace of a human being. He needs a major attitude adjustment and improvement in character if he wants to make it at Manchester United - sadly, I don't think he will.

Agreed, will be a shame though.

He was brilliant in the youth cup last season, won it almost single handly. His name is more noted for the wrong reasons though, gangs, assault etc, but the contract issue is a magor thing, very good talent in FM. If I had a chance to snap him in 2012 (how it should be), I would do it but due to incorrect formalities with contract this will not be the case.

Why is this an issue, even if his contract is a year out of date, if your united, you sign him up, if your not you MIGHT be able to get a good free transfer. There is also a debate in the press as to whether united have the option of a years extension on his contract, somthing his new agent has argued against.

Edit -

A challenge to anyone who thinks the researching is poor, take one team in the game, go out and find out the contracts of every single person who appears in FM for that team, without using FM as a reference for anything. Dont use FM for the squad lists or anything like that, and im including staff, see how easy a job it really is. Keep in mind also when the like comments of "thats not my job" come up, none of the SI researchers get paid for their work, the most they get is a free copy of the game.

No, but my point is if his contract is expiring in FM12 at 2012 as it should be, I could buy him on a bargain. Now it is 2013, you would have to pay much more than you can be buying him for. It not a major criticism because I am a huge fan of the game but for every player on Chelsea reserves, whether they are not highly known, the contract situations are accurate. With your last point, I will also add in future seasons it would be realistic that players do not sign contracts so early, more accurate of how it is in real life situations that way.

@Wally good point they seem to buy all your players, Snodgrass will be next :).... @milner I understand you but as someone whose name is known b a few people than most out of Man United academy, I would prefer if more detail was put into to find out, because many people were aware of his contract situation. If you see the other United players their contract situation is right, I don't see how this works to be honest.

@Wally good point they seem to buy all your players, Snodgrass will be next :).... @milner I understand you but as someone whose name is known b a few people than most out of Man United academy, I would prefer if more detail was put into to find out, because many people were aware of his contract situation. If you see the other United players their contract situation is right, I don't see how this works to be honest.

He is a relatively unknown youth player, the exact details of his contract will not be as well known as others, the same will go for hundreds of players in the game, also remember not everything reported in the press is the reality of the situation. Its nothing to do with poor research, infact the united researcher is arguably one of the best there is.

I agree with your point about researcher, thats why I realised most of the players stats, D.O.B etc are all accurate, was just surprised how Morrison's contract was ending at 2013 on this. As you say nothing major but due to the findings of the researcher which is accurate that one on Morrison surprised me, thats all :)

Not being funny, but I dont think you had a clue about his contract and its expiry date until it came up all over the news. If you knew this when FM12 was released why didnt you report it in the data issues thread? Why have you only just raised this issue now, after his contract details have been plastered all over the news, then try to claim it as being common knowledge when infact 99% of people didnt have a clue when his contract was up. Fact is, if the details were that much of a common knowledge, the researcher would know this. 100%. The Man Utd researcher is VERY active with the reserves and u18's. Check the UnitedYouth website.

Also, even if his contract was correct and ends this year, the AI from Man Utd would recognise him as a hot prospect and offer him a new contract almost immediately, and im positive he would sign it. Why dont you test it? Add Morrisons correct date in the editor and start a new game. See how long it takes for united to offer him a new contract and accept it.

Have you thought maybe I decided not to have a look as I assumed everything was correct. This was genuienly my first time looking at his contract and if everything is on the website shouldnt that be enough for the sources. Also, no one denied he would sign the contract, however if you were a club such as Tottenham, or most teams in the division apart from City and Liverpool (rival status) you may be able to get him on a bargain before they even offer him a contract and I don't use the editor as I have stated. Creates problems from what I have seen eg crash dumps.

You can check as soon as I have found and error I raise it up as soon as I can, I only found out about this contract issue today for FM, something I have known about for a good while now.

Have you thought maybe I decided not to have a look as I assumed everything was correct. This was genuienly my first time looking at his contract and if everything is on the website shouldnt that be enough for the sources. Also, no one denied he would sign the contract, however if you were a club such as Tottenham, or most teams in the division apart from City and Liverpool (rival status) you may be able to get him on a bargain before they even offer him a contract and I don't use the editor as I have stated. Creates problems from what I have seen eg crash dumps.

You can check as soon as I have found and error I raise it up as soon as I can, I only found out about this contract issue today for FM, something I have known about for a good while now.

Since FM12 was released? These contract revelations only opened up in late-December, and FM12's database is still from a release date.

So let me get this straight. This is a player you have known about for quite some time. You know his potential. You 'know' his contract is up this summer and could possibly get him on the cheap, but this is the first time you have attempted to sign this player, since the games release? And now your here complaining his contract his wrong and you have only noticed because this is the first time you have looked at this 'wonderkid' since October/November? Doesnt quite add up to me.

Read properly please. I am not managing a club where I have thought to look at him. I know Drogba's contract is up at the end of the summer, doesnt mean I have necessiraly looked at this on FM. He played a reserve game against my team and a scout report came up so I decided to view his profile and noticed his contract. There are many people contract's who are up at the summer, doesnt mean I am going to try and buy him. Your acting as if I ahve done something wrong. I have asked and made a point about his contract situation of which I am correct. Same as I will do again as entitled to if I see a mistake in contracts. Why does it not add up?

Read properly please. I am not managing a club where I have thought to look at him. I know Drogba's contract is up at the end of the summer, doesnt mean I have necessiraly looked at this on FM. He played a reserve game against my team and a scout report came up so I decided to view his profile and noticed his contract. There are many people contract's who are up at the summer, doesnt mean I am going to try and buy him. Your acting as if I ahve done something wrong. I have asked and made a point about his contract situation of which I am correct. Same as I will do again as entitled to if I see a mistake in contracts. Why does it not add up?

Plenty of things dont add up. How did you know his contract was up this summer when even the papers didnt know until it all came out recently. Things like this arent common knowledge. Especially at that level. Who knew Gary Cahill had a release clause in his contract until the summer when he entered the last year of his contract and it was plastered all over the news? The Bolton researcher obviously didnt as it would have been in the game. Did anybody know Demba Ba has a release clause in his contract until a couple of weeks ago? I think not.

Contract details arent something that is common knowledge. Websites in a much better position than you, and with much more knowledge than you with inside info all had his expiry date wrong. Yet you claim to have known his contract expires at the end of the season for a while now. Even before the papers have reported it. I find that VERY hard to believe. Unless your Ravel Morrison himself, a personal friend of his or an employee of Uniteds with that kind of access to contract details, I dont see how you possibly could have known.

OK, but how does it add up that most of the other United academy players have accurate contract details. Why are other clubs such as Chelsea's youth and reserve players totally accurate? I knwo it is accurate because I have our official handbook, so someone is doing their research well, don't no where they get it from tbh.

But no mateter what I made a point that his contract situation is incorrect and there is no doubt about it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but im pretty sure release clauses don't exist in english football teams because they wont be legally enforceable. So as respectable a business man Harry Redknapp is (that was difficult) he is probably talkin b*llocks about demba ba

Correct me if i'm wrong, but im pretty sure release clauses don't exist in english football teams because they wont be legally enforceable. So as respectable a business man Harry Redknapp is (that was difficult) he is probably talkin b*llocks about demba ba

A lot of mysteries in English football, really unsure :confused:

Pogba's contract is also supposed to be up in 6 month. It depends if you believe the media or not. I'm pretty sure Rav the Chav's agent is talking to other clubs, which means his deal is almost up, but it's not always clear cut.

I mean, researchers get it wrong. Ekotto at Spurs signed a new deal in October 2010, but for some reason the researcher refused to adjust it, just as he refuses to adjust Bale's contract, despite him signing one last March(in game he still has the same wage and years left that he did on FM11 1st patch)! It's baffling but there we go. Can't expect every contract to be correct. Contracts are very secretive. For example, alot of players do have an option to extend, and same goes for the clubs. Gomes, Bentley, Berbatov....all have deals which run to 2012, but their clubs have the option to extend it by 1-2yrs without player consent.

Of course its legally enforceable. If its stated in a contract, and both parties have signed that contract, it is legally binding, along with any terms or specifications in that contract. Have you not signed a new player in that game as a newly promoted team (in England) and the player asks to include a minimum fee clause, or a relegation clause? Anything can be put into a contract and be legally binding as long as its signed by all parties involved.

OK, but how does it add up that most of the other United academy players have accurate contract details. Why are other clubs such as Chelsea's youth and reserve players totally accurate?

Because Nick (the Manchester United researcher) is human, and therefore makes mistakes, or receives bad information?

You are basically asking why the data isn't perfect. It's not perfect, as humans enter details into it, it's subjective, and many things are never made public.

The fact that all the other United players are supposedly correct suggests that it's just a mistake or bad information.

If Messi missed a sitter in his next match, would you froth at the mouth and demand that he apologise because he's been so good for a long time? No! He made a mistake - move on. There's no hidden agenda. It's just a mistake.

Pogba's contract is also supposed to be up in 6 month. It depends if you believe the media or not. I'm pretty sure Rav the Chav's agent is talking to other clubs, which means his deal is almost up, but it's not always clear cut.

We have a one-year option SAF fully intends to exercise.

Re: Morrison... seriously. It's not a big deal. He doesn't develop because of his stink attitude. I've tried everything and the game try and he never ever grows more than that tiny little bit at the start. His PA is massive, like real life, but he will probably never amount to much, just like in the game. Unless he gets his head on right and if SAF can't do it...

If you're bummed out because you can't get him on a free wait a year, he usually is available on a free.

Archived