When players are transferred....

..it would be good to have a post transfer "interaction" option, Some players go with your blessing & some go after a hard time. They get the chance to have a dig at their manager "he spoke of the relief...yada yada.." & we have to be silent.

I would like to see these interaction opportunities:

- He was a model professional and a credit to this club; I will really miss having him around.

- I enjoyed my time training him and he did a good job for us; I think he will do very well for his new club.

- I think both sides got something positive from the time we were together and I wish him well!

- He was a pain in the ass while he was here and I wish his new manager good luck & patience; he's going to need tham both.

Any offers?

I do agree there should be some form of interaction when a player is sold. You currently have no opportunity to explain your reasons for selling a player. You might have wanted to keep the player but due to finances you were forced to sell him - it would be nice to be able to explain this through the media.

Also, giving loyal players a good sending off, saying thanks for your hard work and I regret to see you go. As it stands the player is just whisked off with no explanation and no emotion from either party.

Especially when it affects your fans confidence in you because you sold a player they like and there is no option to explain why. For example I sold Yakubu at Blackburn fans hated me but only to create funds to be able to sign Vagner Love, quite a good swap I think. But yet fans still hate me for selling Yakubu

Another example is when a player declares that they would like to play for a bigger club or take on a new challenge. The fans still blame you even though it may be a natural time for the player to move on. I definitely think more interaction needs to be made when a player leaves the club.

Or seeling a 33 year old Zlatan Imbromivich from AC Milan becuase he was a backup for the last 2 seasons and his new wages demands were 250k a week. up from 175k, i only wanted to keep him at the club as he was actually quite a good super sub and as i wanted him to see out his career with the club.

He moved to Fulham for 22k a week btw on a free as nobody would offer anything for him when i tried to sell rather than let go. Fans and board alike HATED me for it, lost a fair chunk of confidence from it aswell. :(

I like the idea from the OP, although if you blame the board then maybe you should suffer a drop in their opinion of you as you are publically insulting your employer! You get to choose if you want to suck it up and have the fans blame you, or annoy the board. Nice extra (realistic) layer of strategy.

Or seeling a 33 year old Zlatan Imbromivich from AC Milan becuase he was a backup for the last 2 seasons and his new wages demands were 250k a week. up from 175k, i only wanted to keep him at the club as he was actually quite a good super sub and as i wanted him to see out his career with the club.

He moved to Fulham for 22k a week btw on a free as nobody would offer anything for him when i tried to sell rather than let go. Fans and board alike HATED me for it, lost a fair chunk of confidence from it aswell. :(

Yep in these instances if the players will not take a pay decrease for the benefot of the club then a release on a free is financial common sense

The board and fans should recognise this through in game processing / club press release or statement. In some cases this action from in game manager may actually save the club from horrendous debts / bankruptcy

Good shout from the OP

Archived