Evolving your club

simple question being how do you go about making your club massive? i'm talking about a English championship club millwall, palace, derby this stature with maybe not the initial fan base.

now obviously success, trophys will help, but are there any other steps you can take to help the growth, sponsorship , marketing?

I usually do it by starting from a tiny club in a weak league.

My favorite ones are Sweden and Norway, especially Norway. Norway reserve league play in the same domestic league 1st teams play, meaning I won't need feeder clubs and I am able to get full (trained at club) home-grown players easily.

Sweden while they don't have a good reserve system, league rules are Very loose.

But my all time favorite one has been Norway and Germany. The reserve side playing in domestic leagues with all other regular clubs has been a BIG plus for me to get the feeling of "evolving club".

Germany's reserve teams are brutal though. The II (reserve) side can go up to 3. Liga and the quality of players you need to keep your II side afloat in 3.Liga is as high as English Championship player levels. Wage spending can go haywire if you aren't careful.

Basically, when you actually need to care about youth players carefully, you make an evolving club. Build a new stadium named after you, making it as big as possible. When you take control of your reserve side playing in lower divisions and when you bring in youth players from all over EU in order to evaluate them and then sell them out about 5 years later.

My current Norway save has been going on for 23 seasons now. My 1st team has only 13 players while my reserve team has whooping 31 youth talents. Began with a stadium of 2000. Now I got one build after my name and has a capacity of 29000. (Due to city population, can hardly go up.)

Since my club dominates the top league, I let my assist take control of domestic players and only fully control continental (UCL) games. I, instead, take control of my reserve side and play in 3rd division.

It's fun.

Archived