Home-Grown players

If a player is on course to qualify for "trained at club' its seems that loaning him out ruins this, and the player can only qualify for 'trained in nation'.

Is there any way round this? as it would be ideal for a young player to gain match play experience at a lower level?

Nope, if you want "trained at club" status which is displayed by dark gray HG icon, you train him at your club. There isn't a way around because obviously if you want trained at club status, you train him at your club all the way.

For most of clubs, it's hard since reserve side is usually useless. But for some clubs in Germany, Spain, Norway - where they have reserve side playing in their normal domestic league, it's much easier.

So here's an example, I bought a 17 year old wonder kid, who will be on course to qualify for 'trained at club' but he is requesting first team football, had a conversation with him and said i'd send him out on loan, he was happy with that, BUT this will ruin his 'trained at club'.

He's far from good enough to play in the first team at the moment! DILEMMA!!

So here's an example, I bought a 17 year old wonder kid, who will be on course to qualify for 'trained at club' but he is requesting first team football, had a conversation with him and said i'd send him out on loan, he was happy with that, BUT this will ruin his 'trained at club'.

He's far from good enough to play in the first team at the moment! DILEMMA!!

Look at the rule in post #3, if your youngster's 21st birthday falls at the right time you can loan him out for a year, or a combination of short loans. Otherwise get him a couple of short loan stints, with a very good personality and successful first team football he could improve signficantly.

Archived