Concerned By Lack of Discipline at the Club?

I've always been puzzled by this too. I'm a tyrant if things aren't going my way and occassionally a player here and there moans about a lack of discipline.

What's more surprising is that my staff have high discipline, and i ALWAYS fine players after sendings off and v. poor performances. I've never figured out why players always willingly accept 2 week fines for straight reds but never for two yellows...

Only time i've had this problem was when a youth player missed training and I forgot to fine him and senior squad members started moaning.

I warn players for every dismissal and fine two weeks wages for a red for violent conduct. I also keep my eye out in case a player gets sent off in a reserve or youth fixture and make sure they know I don't take any prisoners also. By doing this I never have a problem with this, other than the instance stated above.

I only ever warn players after a red card. A fine often leads to complaints about being unfair and may see the player ask to be transfer listed, doing nothing upsets everyone else and they moan about lack of discipline and warning seems to do nothing but see the player accept it so I take the best looking option!

I only ever warn players after a red card. A fine often leads to complaints about being unfair and may see the player ask to be transfer listed, doing nothing upsets everyone else and they moan about lack of discipline and warning seems to do nothing but see the player accept it so I take the best looking option!

I never have players complain about being fined for violent conduct. I would perhaps not fine him if my assman said I should appeal as it was a poor decision by the referee but unfortunately he is like Arsene Wenger and never sees the incident.:p

While managing Rangers i had Steve Davis sent off in a match for two bookable offenses. After the match i got the usual options. I went to view the the offences as i really didn't think they were that bad, the ref had a bad game, anyhow i went off on a tangent and forgot to preform an action. The next day Lee Wallace was concerned about my lack of discipline, i tried to talk him out of being a moody git but nothing worked, he went 'uha'. So low-and-behold the next match Mr Wallace gets a straight red for violent conduct. 2 weeks fine was applied and you know what, he feels that i'm being too harsh. Some folk, i tell ya.

Archived