Tutoring effect on Personality and Hidden Attribute. Half Confused

I have gone through some excellent guide twice and searched some more.

There are hidden scotable attributes and there are personality stats. Do tutoring increases both or only the personality.

In my Nott. For. Save: As an experiment I tried to tutor my inconsistent GK from Bulgaria by 2 GK, One who was Model Professional and Other Very Consistent one after another. But after 1 year of training it seems to me he gained nothing in consistency although he do have a nicer personality now, plus his attribute are great too. Hoping Ospina to some magic on him this time.

Determination increased, mental stat increased. personality boosted marvellously but consistency is still a problem. I am half-confused!!!

1st edit: On a side note, is it possible to increase the consistency by teamtalk or something like that.

Share your opinion please.

Tutoring changes hidden attributes + determination + maybe helps with mental attributes + PPMs.

The personality & media handling style shown depends on some hidden attributes. So changing a player's hidden attributes can result in a change of personality if the attributes move enough.

Tutoring changes hidden attributes + determination + maybe helps with mental attributes + PPMs.

The personality & media handling style shown depends on some hidden attributes. So changing a player's hidden attributes can result in a change of personality if the attributes move enough.

I agree with Determination (visual) and Mental (Coz Tutor are aged stars like Trezeget). In all my 7 FM 2012 save lasting 3 year atleast, I never got any PPM transfered. Maybe I am doing something wrong here than FM2011.

Are you sure about hidden stats. Player is inconsistent can be viewed in the Coach report section itself.

Apologies in advance if I miss any:

Ambition: The higher the ambition the more likely a player is to want to play at a higher level/bigger club.

Loyalty: Speaks for itself, the more loyal the player the more likely he is to stay with your club and the less likely to become unsettled by speculation.

Professionalism: Difficult one to quantify. It definitely helps a player improve and reach his potential but I expect it helps on the pitch as well.

Sportsmanship: On the pitch high levels will see a player stick to the rules while low levels will result in cynical dirty fouls.

Pressure: How well a player handles pressure, at low levels a player will fold and play badly in big matches or when your team goes behind.

Temperament: How well a player keeps his cool and sticks to the plan, low levels will see a player lose his head committing rash challenges and playing poorly.

Consistency: How often a player plays to his full ability.

Injury proneness: How likely a player is to be injured.

Controversy: How likely the player is to kick up a fuss about things

Important Game: How well he plays in big games

From your Other Post: Big Question how to improve them. Tutoring, Team Talk, Player Interaction.

In Fm12 tutoring haven't worked for my GK, although tough team talk after a poor string of game did for my AML.

I agree with Determination (visual) and Mental (Coz Tutor are aged stars like Trezeget). In all my 7 FM 2012 save lasting 3 year atleast, I never got any PPM transfered. Maybe I am doing something wrong here than FM2011.

Are you sure about hidden stats. Player is inconsistent can be viewed in the Coach report section itself.

I don't believe consistency can be changed by tutoring but I could be wrong.

Consistency improves from playing matches on a regular basis in my experience.

Ambition, Loyalty, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Pressure & Temperament are all changed through tutoring.

Injury Proneness is fixed while Consistency see above.

Controversy: Not sure, tutoring may have an affect as might some player interaction.

Big Games: Maybe fixed, maybe improves through experience, not sure.

You should also be aware of the following hidden attributes which affect player performances:

Consistency – how likely the player is to perform to his full ability in any particular match.

Dirtiness – how often the player will look to break the rules to gain an advantage.

Important Matches – how well the player copes with big, high pressure games.

Injury Proneness – how likely the player is to get injured during the match.

Versatility – how well the player will play in an unfamiliar position.

As explained here http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-attributes

Following hidden attributes can be changed with tutoring: Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship and Temperament.

Determination is also affected.

PPMs can be learned too.

As far as I have tested, no other attributes are affected.

These are applicable for FM10 and FM11 for certain, and assumed true still in FM12.

Following hidden attributes can be changed with tutoring: Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship and Temperament.

Determination is also affected.

PPMs can be learned too.

As far as I have tested, no other attributes are affected.

These are applicable for FM10 and FM11 for certain, and assumed true still in FM12.

This is also what I found from tests with FM10.

Ambition, Loyalty, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Pressure & Temperament are all changed through tutoring.

Injury Proneness is fixed while Consistency see above.

Controversy: Not sure, tutoring may have an affect as might some player interaction.

Big Games: Maybe fixed, maybe improves through experience, not sure.

Injury Proneness and Dirtiness are not fixed, I have seen them increase but haven't noticed a direct reason why.

I have seen Important Matches increase a small amount, I assumed it was due to experience.

Injury Proneness and Dirtiness are not fixed, I have seen them increase but haven't noticed a direct reason why.

Dirtiness can be improved through interaction & fines, not sure about getting worse.

Injury Proneness: Have you seen it move in both directions? or just get worse? I'll would guess that getting injured perhaps makes it worse but can't think why it would improve.

Dirtiness can be improved through interaction & fines, not sure about getting worse.

Injury Proneness: Have you seen it move in both directions? or just get worse? I'll would guess that getting injured perhaps makes it worse but can't think why it would improve.

I've seen them both get worse only. Injury Proneness didn't increase due to injuries and there was never an obvious reason for the increases in Dirtiness. (this is from FM10, so no FM11/12 interaction, and only ever had to discipline one player, which was before I got hold of FMRTE to do some tests)

It would spoil the fun of discovering it. ;)

I did notice the change of determination and the tranfer of PPMs. But I didn't care too much about the personality. I will have to look at it sometimes.

No it wouldn't :) .... It would alleviate the aggrivations of having to reverse engineer the stuff to figure it out.

Most players would never know what Tutoring does, if there were not people on forums doing the reverse-engineering stuff. As most of the attributes are hidden, they would have to dechiper those from obscure changes in players during the game. If you didn't know there was an Professionalism stat, how would you know it changed after tutoring?? .. or what to look for in-game.

We can't have functions where there is NO documentation on the effects of it. They don't have to tell us which pairings give the best success or how many percent each score can change. But the average player needs to know that specific stats change towards those of the tutor (and a general way to tell which players are to be decent tutors) and that PPMs can be transferred too.

They can just put it in the manual, as all the "hard-core" users don't read it anyways, and they can then have the "fun" of figuring that out for themselves.

My 3 year save study:

Personality stat can swing massively upon tutoring, that includes determination too.

PPM aren't transferred in any of my 15 tutoring trials.

No change in the Hidden attribute of the Injury, consistency, imp match, dirtiness, versatility due to tutoring.

A lower than optimal training load do decrease injury by 1 point over 3 year. Regular injury increase it by same margin.

Consistency and Imp match maybe linked to Player Interaction, but not sure. Didn't worked out for me.

Dirtiness goes down by fines.

Versatility increases by fluidity of formation and playing out of position.

My 3 year save study:

Personality stat can swing massively upon tutoring, that includes determination too.

PPM aren't transferred in any of my 15 tutoring trials.

No change in the Hidden attribute of the Injury, consistency, imp match, dirtiness, versatility due to tutoring.

A lower than optimal training load do decrease injury by 1 point over 3 year. Regular injury increase it by same margin.

Consistency and Imp match maybe linked to Player Interaction, but not sure. Didn't worked out for me.

Dirtiness goes down by fines.

Versatility increases by fluidity of formation and playing out of position.

Thank you that's excellent! I was frustrated with Aggression going down without knowing if Dirtiness also decreased. As all should know by now, Aggression has nothing to do with "dangerous two-foot tackles" at all. It is only a good thing to have. Too much Dirtiness and Temper is bad, though.

You should also be aware of the following hidden attributes which affect player performances:

Consistency – how likely the player is to perform to his full ability in any particular match.

Dirtiness – how often the player will look to break the rules to gain an advantage.

Important Matches – how well the player copes with big, high pressure games.

Injury Proneness – how likely the player is to get injured during the match.

Versatility – how well the player will play in an unfamiliar position.

As explained here http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-attributes

Is there such a guide for FM2011?

Thank you that's excellent! I was frustrated with Aggression going down without knowing if Dirtiness also decreased. As all should know by now, Aggression has nothing to do with "dangerous two-foot tackles" at all. It is only a good thing to have. Too much Dirtiness and Temper is bad, though.

It depends on personality. If the player become concerned after the fine, forget the drop in dirtiness.

Archived