The NextGen Seires

Some of you may have heard about the NextGen Series, an under-19 tournament akin to the Champions League where 16 youth teams face off against each other. It consists of soeme of the best teams in Europe, you can find all that info out here:

http://www.nextgenseries.com/

Anyway, is there any chance of this being implemented in FM? Would you like to see it be implemented? It sounds like a great tournament and a great way to further develop youth. As this is it's first year, those 16 clubs were invited but there looks to be 24 teams for the 12/13 season and it seems like its really going to kick off over the next few years with greater participation and involvement from other European clubs.

Erm, it is already in FM12, labelled as U19 Champions Cup, i know this because my team Aston Villa were involved and the group stage was identical Ajax, Aston Villa, Fenerbahce, Rosenborg

PS - Woot, Quarter final at Villa Park next week vs Marseille (in real life)

Fantastic, playing as a lower rep team I hadn't had the chance to think about it until now! Glad to see it's been implemented though, I did some more digging and I understand invitation is dynamic as well which means I could well have my team in there one day.

unfortunatley for me Tony McAndrew's virtual being isnt a patch on his real life self so we didnt get out of the group (see above)

for me tho not sure how the tournament picks its entries each season but its almost to dynamic, i would be pretty certain that Villa will get an invite next term irl but i havent so far been invited back yet in game regardless of whether i win u18 or reserve leagues domestically

My Feyenoord U-19's have been in it for the last two years. We've also won the Eredivisie in the preceding seasons as well so I assumed it was because of this.

They never get out of the group though, but they've won their first match this year and I might take over for the rest and drop some of my talented reserves for the games.

Fantastic, playing as a lower rep team I hadn't had the chance to think about it until now! Glad to see it's been implemented though, I did some more digging and I understand invitation is dynamic as well which means I could well have my team in there one day.

Yep- I'm playing a save as FC Krasnodar, and our reserves got invited in the 2013-14 season. And then went on to win the whole thing. :)

Archived