A transfer listed player...

Just because he's listed doesn't mean that they have to accept the offer. Have you never tried to sell a player for more than they're worth to raise some cash?

The OP is not referring to the player's value, he is referring to the "asking price" from the club in question. It seems a bit odd that the club has put a price on how much they are willing to let him go for but when a bid is made they reject it.

Is the player transfer listed by request? Perhaps he wants to move to a bigger club, they accepted his request but don't want to sell him so they have a high asking price? Not sure if the AI can or would do this but could be a possible explaination

Is the player transfer listed by request? Perhaps he wants to move to a bigger club, they accepted his request but don't want to sell him so they have a high asking price? Not sure if the AI can or would do this but could be a possible explaination

Something like that, he wants regular first team football and yes he is transfer listed by request. So i think we solved that.

I bet there is a difference here, in the players quoted "value" and his asking price. If you don't mind "cheating", you can check this with FM Scout or FMRTE. Also, if you have him scouted, the scouts report will include a good guess of what the asking price is. Scouts are often closer to the truth in this estimate, than they are with other things.

The same is happening to me, Monchengladbach have an amazing 17-year that is transfer listed by request due to not playing enough games. He's valued at €950k but the asking price is €7.5m, which I have no problem in paying due to his huge potential, but it is still rejected when I match it. Even bumped it up to €10m + add ons but they've having none of it :(

The same is happening to me, Monchengladbach have an amazing 17-year that is transfer listed by request due to not playing enough games. He's valued at €950k but the asking price is €7.5m, which I have no problem in paying due to his huge potential, but it is still rejected when I match it. Even bumped it up to €10m + add ons but they've having none of it :(

They may not want to sell him but due to him requesting, have put a large price on his head to deter bidders.

OP, have you tried enquiring?

• 1 month later...

I've just had this issue. I had a regen I had been tapping up for a while finally put in a transfer request which was accept and the asking price was £5m. I submitted this offer plus a few slightly higher ones but each was rejected, with the other team demanding his minimum release fee of £25m.

I had the same problem for a 19 year old I was chasing. I manage in England and he plays for a German side. He was valued at 1.6m and listed by request for 3.2m. They rejected every offer of up front cash until I reached 9m when they asked for 12.5m for a deal. Why list him for 9.2m below what they want???

Archived