Trilderos' European Adventure

Trilderos

Hello all, I've been a long time lurker on this forum and have loved so many of the threads that I have read on it. As a result, I've decided to create my own journeyman career.

I will be playing FM12 version 12.1.1 with the following leagues loaded, and a large database size, consisting of approximately 50,000 players.

2012-01-18_00003.jpg

The purpose of this career will be to experience all the aspects that European club football management has to offer. I have decided to set myself a large number of goals in this save, they are:

• Win the Champion's League
  • Win the League in each of the following "Big 5" nations: Italy, Germany, England, Spain, and France
  • Guide a team to be the wealthiest and highest reputation club in the world
  • Guide a nation to a major international tournament victory (Euro Cup or World Cup)
  • Win the Ballon D'or with 2 or more players, on 2 different teams
  • Have fun!
  • Guide my favorite team, Arsenal, to domestic and European success

I will be playing as myself, an American, however, I have decided to set my starting reputation as Professional, rather than a Sunday League player. Here's a shot of my manager profile

2012-01-18_00005.jpg

My first offer!

2012-01-18_00012.jpg

I haven't ever managed in Ireland before and really relish the opportunity to go there. Drogheda has certainly had a rough time of it so far, sitting lowly in ninth place, out of the relegation zone only on goal difference.

2012-01-18_00013.jpg

Meanwhile, while our finances don't look too terrible, we're 600/week over budget, and this is something that will certainly have to be solved before any real progress can be made.

2012-01-18_00014.jpg

Our squad doesn't look too shabby, though I do come in at an unfortunate time, seeing as how many of our better players are out injured. I see the midfield as a big point of concern at this moment, we won't have any real strength out wide. I'll look to bring in some players on frees or loans to solve this. I can definitely see some deadwood that can easily be trimmed to solve the wage issue.

2012-01-18_00009.jpg

Good luck dude!
Good luck with your career dude :thup:.
All the best dragging Drogheda out of relegation trouble!
Should pull away comfortably.
Good luck in Ireland :thup:

Thanks! It looks like it's going to be harder than I originally anticipated. The team simply is not gelling at all. Hopefully we can pull it off though!

We finished the season terribly, luckily UCD were worse, and we were able to stay up by 3 points. We never found our rhythm at all, if we could finish, we couldn't defend and vice versa.

2012-01-19_00003.jpg

I have decided to step down from my post, seeing as I accomplished what I was brought in to do, namely avoid relegation, albeit not in the best fashion. I didn't enjoy my short spell in Ireland at all, and look to go abroad, hopefully somewhere in Central Europe.

2012-01-19_00004.jpg

Archived