African cup of nations - All tied.

So, i am ghana in ACON and having played 3, won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 i am tied on points with Egypt to see who qualifies 2nd from the group. We have exactly the same goal difference, goals for, goals against and the match i played against them finished 1-1. However, Egypt qualified while i finished 3rd in my group. Does anyone know why this is and how it was decided? Was it alphabetical order!??

What makes it worse is that Egypt scored a 93rd minute equaliser in our match which it turns out saw them qualify!

irl qualification would be decided by the drawing of lots, not sure if FM replicates this in the background or if it just goes by simple alphabetical order.

Well the rules in FM goes as follows, Goal Difference, then Goals Scored and lastly results between teams. Seen as they cant be split by any of those it must work on something else, the only other thing I can think of is that even though the game was at a neutral venue if Ghana were considered the home team then it might have taken the away team factor into consideration

Archived