Never even seen a TV FM game! anyone else stubborn stuck on old school?

I play on 2D key highlights fastest speed

never played in 3D

Same here. I don't even watch the first half, and only until the 60minute mark of the second to make my subs. The actual games are probably my least enjoyable aspect of the game.

Only watch commentary - with my screen on home stats - fastest game speed - the way a true manager should be - if you've got your tactics sorted and can watch the game through the stats knowing what you want to observe it's everything you need - can tell who's playing well and who's doing damage against you simply from watching the passing, tackling, shooting and possession stats - old school the way to go!!! Never had a problem winning...and this goes back to the champ man series...why spoil it now!

Same here. I don't even watch the first half, and only until the 60minute mark of the second to make my subs. The actual games are probably my least enjoyable aspect of the game.

Agree with this. Would be nice to have the option to quick sim games. Like letting your AssMan control the team but without going on holiday and you can still intervene if things are going down the pan.

Only watch commentary - with my screen on home stats - fastest game speed - the way a true manager should be - if you've got your tactics sorted and can watch the game through the stats knowing what you want to observe it's everything you need - can tell who's playing well and who's doing damage against you simply from watching the passing, tackling, shooting and possession stats - old school the way to go!!! Never had a problem winning...and this goes back to the champ man series...why spoil it now!

I'm the absolute opposite. I use the 3D viewer & will watch the full game/extended highlights at a reasonable speed, for added realism (my perception of what's realistic) I try to avoid checking match stats & base my tactical changes on what I am seeing unfold on the pitch.

This probably handicaps me against the AI but it does mean I am not blinded by a 7.5 match rating given to my CB because he scored a goal at a set-piece in an otherwise poor performance or a 5.2 rating because he scored an oggy when playing well.

While I'm far from being a tactical junkie or a control freak, (my option of choice is 3D match, key highlights) I have to wonder what's the point of playing a game like Football Manager as if it still was 1994...

It gets pretty hard to judge what's going on without the visualization of the match, be it 2D or 3D...

3D match engine might not be state-of-the-art rendition of the game mechanism, but playing it on Commentary Only is a bit daft IMO... it's like using a sportscar to drive from and to the grocery store.

Commentary only, as fast as possible. Then again, I'm still playing FM08 as I haven't really been able to enjoy the newer versions nearly as much. I did try the 3D match view in some of the recent versions, but it didn't last long before I was so annoyed by the stupid behaviour (and silly animations) of the players that I gave up on that.

Tend on the save i have going. I normally do commentry only with replays for goals in first couple of seasons then when we start to have sides full of regens i watch games. If im a lower league team i always watch the full games in 3D if my game has been moved for tv!

I'm the absolute opposite. I use the 3D viewer & will watch the full game/extended highlights at a reasonable speed, for added realism (my perception of what's realistic) I try to avoid checking match stats & base my tactical changes on what I am seeing unfold on the pitch.

This probably handicaps me against the AI but it does mean I am not blinded by a 7.5 match rating given to my CB because he scored a goal at a set-piece in an otherwise poor performance or a 5.2 rating because he scored an oggy when playing well.

Just like me..Like a Real Manager would do.. I can't imagine a manager not watching the field 90 mins and neglecting the situtations which could judged by only seeing the action.. Statistics would show a lot of things, but won't show the actual reality.. ( I remember S.A.F. quoted somethng similar :) )

Archived