Help Needed

Hi I'm buying a laptop for internet use and FM gaming ( I don't play other gams on my laptop ) but I wouldn't know what to look for

So please can you guys give me some advice on what a good improvement on my current laptop is ....

My current laptop details are:

-Dell Inspiron 1520

-Processor : Intel ® Core (TN) 2 Duo CPU T7250 @2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz

-Memory 2.00 GB RAM

-System Type : 32 bit Operating system

My budget is around £700

Thanks in advance

Hiya paduardo...

If you only need your laptop for net use, and FM... then 700 squid is overload my friend!

I would advise you to go to Dell website, pick a laptop to suit your needs (memory wise, pic, vids etc.), should be less then 400 shmackers!

Then customise it... and chose a better graphics card.

It will be more than suitable to run FM, and the internet, hope thi shelps:)

You need a capable processor. An Intel Core i5 of the latest generation will do fine.

You need a decent amount of RAM, 4 GB is fine, more is fine too.

You don't need a high-end graphic card - in fact, the onboard one in the i5 processor will do fine.

Additionally, you would be better off with a good screen. Good screens on laptops are hard to come by. But if you're going for a 15 inch screen, I would make sure that it has at least 1600 x 900 resolution, minimum. Resolution is not the end of all things with screen quality, but at least you should make sure that this is right.

Within a budget of max 700, I doubt that you could find a good laptop with a SSD harddisk in it - but if you can, go for it. FM is one of a few games that benefits from being played from a SSD. (Load and save time most noticably, but as FM is a game that fairly constantly reads and writes data to and from disk, a SSD will be good. And also with a SSD, you will probably not notice the slowing down that often happens with long running save games).

Archived