Where do you like to play your Playmaker?

ok i noticed something: a trequartista is your playmaker. it fits the description of the role in tactics->player insructions->trequartista and apllies automaticaly as a possible playmaker in your team's instructions. just tick the box to use him. AMC or ST

I often play with a deep lying playmaker and an advanced playmaker out wide or trequartista through the middle. Obviously only one can be your main playmaker on the tactics screen but I sometimes change this mid-game if one of attacking players is causing major problems to the opposition. I also sometimes change the targetman and how he receives the ball even though I don't use a target man role in my team. If that makes sense. As an example when the opposition is pressing really high i'll pick my poacher as target man and runs onto ball in the hope he will get a one on one on the break.

DLP set with Defensive role. That sets him up to run the show far more than with a support role. If he has modest defensive attributes then I might play a Ball winner next to him (sometimes on support, sometimes on defensive role) depending on the location of the venue and strength of the opposition. If the DLP has decent Defensive attributes then I just put a BtB or CM on support next to him, works great.

I usually use an AMC if I am going to use a playmaker but I never tick the playmaker box as I dont like the idea of one man being concerned with all the 'playmaking'. So usually have a Treq in the AMC spot and he usually does a lot of the more creative stuff.

This is about the trequartista role as the main playmaker. Based on Mancini’s “Il Trequartista” and an answer to the op.

A traquartista has been used in several formations:

4-4-2:

bebmfo.jpg

4-2-3-1:

116tabl.jpg

and in others like 4-3-1-2,3-4-1-2.

In the phase of attacking, with AMC playmaker, there are several plays that a trequartista produces:

You’ll notice that wide players do not contribute

2qbaqg2.jpg

In countering – counter attacks – the AMC playmaker operates in the same philosophy:

you’ll notice again that wide players do not contribute

35kvngp.jpg

The conclusion is that a traquartista’s role as a playmaker is a strict one. Is based on strict instructions.

I use a playmaker in a 4-4-2 classic >I think in the simplest way than other players might do:

Player instructions:

Position: STL

Role: trequartista attack (playmaker ticked)

Roam: no

Wide play: cut inside

Position: STR

Role: poacher attack

Roam: no

Wide play: cut inside

With the central midfielders Run from deep sometimes

The trequartista/playmaker has to have the highlighted attributes of the role and has to be fast and agile

Source:Mancini’s “Il Trequartista”.

Archived