Why am I in Europe?

Got to be fair play:

1st-4th get into 'Champions' League, so

Chelsea beat Blackburn in the Carling Cup. Chelsea later qualify for the Champions League, defaulting the place for winning the CC to 6th.

The FA Cup place is also given to a league finisher, as both FA Cup finalists qualified for the CL

That would give all of the English berth to the top 7.

The 8th place has to be fair play (how it can fair for one country to get 8 berths while some get 4 is a seperate point).

BTW, that league is badly divided. 46 points back and in 8th!

Is that the Sporting Play draw? Scotland, Sweden & Holland got it.

Champs Lge: Bayern bt R.Madrid.

Europa Lge: Liverpool bt Dynamo Kyiv. Could this be the reason then? I thought UEFA weren't allowing winners automatic qualification anymore?

Is that the Sporting Play draw? Scotland, Sweden & Holland got it.

Champs Lge: Bayern bt R.Madrid.

Europa Lge: Liverpool bt Dynamo Kyiv. Could this be the reason then? I thought UEFA weren't allowing winners automatic qualification anymore?

Yes, Sporting Play is the fair play award.

Looks like Liverpool winning the Europa League got you a place, not sure if thats the same as real life though.

Happened in my game as well when Tottenham won the Europa League, apparently if you win the Europa and fail to qualify for Champions league you get sent straight to the group stage of Europa in the game. I didnt find anything when I briefly searched for the rules in real life so no idea if that should be the way it works or not.

Archived