regen brothers

nope. its pure coincidence if they got themselves as favorites and bear the same name. not intended at all.
I dont think regens have kids or anything, but you can have a kid come through if your lucky enough.

Urm, yes.

SI have confirmed in the past that managers/players/newgens can have "Sons" and there are also "Brothers" coded as well.

I guess the possibility for brothers is none right now or close to zero

I had brothers in and older FM(the one that AI managers had sons) ,they came in consecutive years

since then I haven't seen foot of regen brothers, AI sons or any related regens

which raises the question why don't we see them more often?

Football is a familiy sport:

Maldini (father coach, son player)

Sneijder (brothers)

Seedorf (brothers)

Inzaghi (brothers)

De Boer (brothers)

Kaka (brothers)

Krkic (father coach, son player)

Lampard (father, son, connected to the Redknapps)

Redknapp (father , son)

Ameobi (brothers)

Ayew (brothers, father known as Abedi Pele)

etc.

Chances are 50% that a football players has someone related to the sport

I had brothers in and older FM(the one that AI managers had sons) ,they came in consecutive years

Sneijder (brothers)

Seedorf (brothers)

Inzaghi (brothers)

De Boer (brothers)

Kaka (brothers)

Redknapp (father , son)

Ameobi (brothers)

etc.

Rooney too

Chelsea just signed 3 kids that are all brtohers from Luton Town IRL. Two were 13 and one was 12. This three is an unlikely scenario but two brothers is fairly regular in the world of football. It should happen far more in the game imo.

Can you post a link to that confirmation? Or are those just unsubstantial claims?

Sources please.

I'm 99.9% sure I've seen an SI member of staff confirm it in a thread within the last two years.

I've done a quick search but can't find the thread at present and tbh I've no intention of searching every thread at this stage. Feel free to search yourself, I could be wrong but something in the back of my mind tells me it was Riz who was talking about it if that helps.

EDIT

Its your lucky day, the search has turned up something (I don't think it was the one I was thinking of though): Post #16 from Riz

Sneijder (brothers)

Seedorf (brothers)

Inzaghi (brothers)

De Boer (brothers)

Kaka (brothers)

Redknapp (father , son)

Ameobi (brothers)

etc.

Rio Ferdinand & Anton Ferdinand, and arent they related to Les ferdinand aswell?

Ian Wright and his sons Shaun Wright Phillips and Bradley Wright Phillips,

Zinedine Zidane is a Director of football and his son Enzo is in the youth team at madrid,

the Neville Brothers! and isn't Paul Ince's son playing for Blackpool in the championship?

Your completely correct, nearly everywhere in football connections between players or ex-players exist, so its a shame this isnt implemented more in FM when it comes to regens.

Unfortunately this feature is nonexistent for me in fm11 and fm12

I haven't seen anyone who had regen relatives on the forum

Imagine you had 2 or 3 brothers in your team, maybe world class brothers :D, and their father as assistant manager, their uncle as physio, at least 2 relatives would be nice

This feature has been debated in the past but nothing has come from it

Don't forget:

-Bender twins (Leverkusen and Dortmund)

-Schweinsteiger has an older brother, who currently tops all goalscorers in 3.Liga

-Ribéry has a brother in a lower conference in France

-Jürgen Klopps Son is in the game (Marc Klopp)

-Mario Götzes brother Fabian

-Christoph and Malte Metzelder

-Joel and Marvin Matip

..... the list goes on for ages, so why don't we see more of that with regens?

I only noticed him due to the name, saw he was a regen and was released from arsenal, Thought to myself 'surely this isn't a coincidence' checked his favored persons and saw arsene there (he was retired when i noticed Seb)

stats wern't great. I used to play him as the anchor man when the opposition were pummeling me with long balls down the centre, he also filled in nicely as a 5th defender if i was a goal to the good or holding out for a draw against a top side.

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where a newgen had come through Liverpool with the same name and nationality as a real player in liverpools reserves. He was also in favored personnel. It's unlikely to be random chance because they both had surnames that did not match their nationality (as the reserve player in question was swedish of italian heritage, thus he had an Italian name but Swedish nationality with italian as second, as did the newgen.)

This is a list of relatives in real life for players from Real and Barcelona

you can see how many of them are related to other persons involved with football

fm 12 relatives.xls - 0.03MB

I think this feature must be in fm13, regens should have relatives

let's back this up in the wishlist http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here.?p=7513558&viewfull=1#post7513558

I don't have the game anymore, sorry :(

Edit: I still have the game, I'll take a look as I have to reinstall FM11...

Edit 2: He's not in it anymore, sorry! But from what I can remember, they both listed each other as favorite personel, it surprised me because I never seen it before.

yes but that possibility is very very low

From the release of FM12, from all the people that play FM12, I have seen only 1 player that is related to another person in the game and that is son of Arsene Wenger and that was posted by Urzzz a few posts above

this feature needs to be looked at, the possibility of relative regens must increase

I've got 2 argentinian players i like to think as brothers, and they play fantastic together! "Band-of-Brothers".

Matias Cabrera being an excellent upcoming AMR

Carlos Cabrera being one of the superstars in front as striker.

Don't forget to add the Laudrup brothers - Michael and Brian. Their father were also a professional Danish player - Finn Laudrup.

Michael's two sons (Andreas & Mads) are both professionals, playing for teams in the best tier in Denmark.

Brian's son (Nicolai) is also a professional.

I only have done 2 squads with current players and staff, too see if people are interested in backing this idea up (increasing the possibility of family regens)

I know the Laudrup brothers and their sons, I didn't know about their father though

• 7 years later...
49 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

No, it's impossible that regens are brothers, i'm now in 2040 and still haven't found regens that are related with someone as family.

It is possible. Just because it hasn't happened in your game doesn't mean that it can't happen in anyone else's.

For example, I had two sets of brothers in my Dag & Red team on FM13. I signed a young winger from Ireland called Gareth Flood, and a few months later, his little brother Stephen (a goalkeeper) turned up in my youth intake. I also had the Thompson brothers (Martin & Colin) come through my academy, though only Martin went on to play for the first-team.

I have also seen a newgen son of a real-life manager. I once played a friendly match against a Dover team managed by Andy Feeley, and his 16-year-old newgen son Guy was in goal.

I must ask, though... why have you upped a thread that's been dormant for seven years? Also, one of the users you've quoted hasn't been on the forums since 2013, so I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting a response.

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It is possible. Just because it hasn't happened in your game doesn't mean that it can't happen in anyone else's.

For example, I had two sets of brothers in my Dag & Red team on FM13. I signed a young winger from Ireland called Gareth Flood, and a few months later, his little brother Stephen (a goalkeeper) turned up in my youth intake. I also had the Thompson brothers (Martin & Colin) come through my academy, though only Martin went on to play for the first-team.

I have also seen a newgen son of a real-life manager. I once played a friendly match against a Dover team managed by Andy Feeley, and his 16-year-old newgen son Guy was in goal.

I must ask, though... why have you upped a thread that's been dormant for seven years? Also, one of the users you've quoted hasn't been on the forums since 2013, so I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting a response.

But did you check if he's the son of that manager? Cause there're always people with the same name.

42 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

But did you check if he's the son of that manager? Cause there're always people with the same name.

Yes, I did. In his favoured personnel was Andy Feeley (Father), and in Andy's favoured personnel was Guy Feeley (Son).

Can't say I've seen it... but then I can't say I go looking. But it would be cool if it happened more often because there are so many. Newcastle have the Longstaff brothers. Lukaku has a left back as a brother. I think Chelsea still have some players that are brothers (or they did... they had Hazards brother, didn't they?). They're really popular really.

And how many cases are there of a prominent player having a brother or relative who was a youth or fringe player but never made it to the first team. Probably many more of those than examples like the Nevilles.

Slightly off topic, but how does a human manager get a son? (I know the birds and bees and all that) I mean in the game, does it just randomly generate someone into the newgens? Is it always with the club you are managing?

Archived