Chants for your favourite players

I'm sure I can't be the only one that does this. My current favourite without doubt is for Yaya Sanogo in my first season as Nottm Forest manager.

Admittedly it's stolen from Reading fans who I've heard singing it about Jobi McAnuff but to the tune of 'Baby Give It Up' (or whatever it's called) it goes...

Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaaaa, Yaya Sanogo, Sanogo, Yaya Sanogoooooo!

Quite alot to get your head round but flows quite nicely one you get it :)

Anyways I'm sure they must be all manner of weird and wonderful chants from you guys so let's hear 'em!

Do you mean you sing these on your own whilst playing FM, or fav chants towards players in reality?

Noooo I don't sing them out loud, my girlfriend hates the game enough as it is without me singing my heart out. But either is good chants you've heard in real life or chants you've made up for your favourite FM superstar.

Do you mean you sing these on your own whilst playing FM, or fav chants towards players in reality?

Unless Adammac is actually Steve Cotterill, I would image he means in the game! :p

I don't have any particular chants. But plenty in the way of nicknames and abuse. They could be poetic, in theory.

My fav was always,

"its a goal duncan shearer, its a goal duncan shearer, we're walking along, singing a song, walking in a shearer wonderland" - sung along to "Winter Wonderland" surprisingly enough , it used to send shivers up me when Pittodrie used to erupt into that chant.

You never know ;)

I was hoping it was more of a make up chants for your own players and sign them on your own kinda thing :)

Sign them? Like the deaf lady in the corner of the TV screen after midnight? Now THAT is something I would like to see... :p

I do exactly this!!! I am currently managing a newgen named Nigel Wood, 6'4", SC, who came through my youth team at BSN level and still with me in the Championship. The little chant I sing is:

(to que sera sera)

Nigel Wood, Nige Wood,

He's big and he's ruddy good,

We've had him since childhood,

Oh Nige Wood, Nige Wood.

In the first season with Pompey I mimed the Benjani celebration each time he scored whilst performing the arm actions aka "its for you, and you and you, for all of you"...my daughter gave me some funny looks when she saw this :D

Archived